Governor’s “SON OF PAIN” in Stores This Week
NEW YORK, NY -- Grand Hustle/Atlantic recording artist Governor is making waves with his highly anticipated major label debut, "SON OF PAIN," in stores this week. Born Governor Washington, this young Charles City, Virginia-born crooner is the first R&B artist to sign with T.I.'s Atlanta-based Grand Hustle Records.
"Governor is like an R&B version of me when I first came in the game. He doesn't need any alterations or special effects," says T.I., who executive produced the album along with Governor, Grand Hustle's Jason Geter, and "Haitian" Jacques Agnant.
"SON OF PAIN" features the current hit single "Blood, Sweat & Tears," produced by the Track Masters. The companion music video is currently in rotation on VH1 Soul, BETJ, and other regional outlets nationwide. The other twelve tracks on the album were overseen by such renowned producers as Scott Storch on "Destiny," Wyclef Jean on "Make Love To You," Raphael Saadiq on "Never Wanna Leave," and Just Blaze on "You Got The Power," featuring T.I..
VIBE magazine calls the album "'70s-inspired soul fit for both Saturday night and Sunday morning," while The Source says, "His passionate voice, convincing execution and dedicated spirituality all makes for a triumphant story."
Fresh off a performance at last week's Billboard 2006 R&B/Hip-Hop Conference Awards, Governor is set to hold three album release parties in the weeks to come -- September 20th in Los Angeles at Pearl, September 22nd at Compound in Atlanta, and September 27th at Club 1223 in Washington, DC.
Governor kicks off his fall tour with R&B songstress Heather Headley on October 12th in Jacksonville, FL.
For more information on Governor, visit www.governor-world.com or www.myspace.com/governormusic
Written by DJ Z on 09/17/06
You Might Like...
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.