Global Mixx Music Retreat Announces 2007 Event Schedule
Chicago, IL -- Today, On the Streets Promotions announced the 2007 event line-up for The Global Mixx Music Retreat, the exclusive music and entertainment conference, July 19-23, in Chicago. This will be the third installment of one of the Midwest's premiere conferences, recognized among the music industry for discovering new talent, breaking debut artists, celebrating platinum artists and connecting some today's music tastemakers, the DJs, with the industry executives that value their opinion and vie for their support on mixshows, radio and in clubs.
Previous co-chairs have included Chris Lighty (CEO of Violator Entertainment), Kelly Griffin (Music Director for BET Networks), Kanye West (Platinum Producer and Grammy-Award winning artist), and Common (Grammy-Award winning artist). Music pioneers, DJ Kool Red Alert and Steve 'Silk' Hurley were honored in 2005 and 2006, respectively. Over the years, The Global Mixx has featured over 20 events packed info four exciting days. Events have ranged from a sessions, private parties, secret outings, sports activities, exclusive outdoor performances, concerts with platinum and Grammy artists opened to the public and awards shows.
With an increase in music related conferences and seminars that target the Urban music community, the demand for information has dwindled due to the ever-growing change in technology and FCC regulations of communication companies. However, interest in digital marketing, its impact and e-commerce has grown. "This year's Global Mixx encompasses the best of both worlds: music and technology, " states Mary Datcher, Global Mixx Founder.
Last year's retreat hosted over 500 attendees, which included Marketing, PR and A&R executives from Atlantic Records, Def Jam, Bad Boy, Interscope, Jive, GOOD Music, Universal Music, Ozone Magazine, Digiwaxx.com, J Records, Koch, Capitol Records and Courvoisier. 2006 national DJ coalition participants included The Heavyhitters, Violator All-star DJs, Bumsquad DJs,Turntable Assassins, The Aphilliates, Hip Hop Friends, Soul Selectors, Murda Mamis, Hittmen DJs, Canada's Club Bangers and TJ's DJs. Additionally, last year's retreat featured performances and appearances by Kanye West, Common, Lupe Fiasco, Ludacris, Method Man, Twista, Shawna, Shareefa, Rich Boy, Biz Markie, Eightball & MJG, Obie Trice, One Chance, Young Capone, Boss Man, Consequence, Sa Ra, GLC, and Farnsworth Bentley.
The 2007 Global Mixx Events are as follows:
Friday 20, 2007
* "How to Cross-Market Your Music in the New Age of Media Promotion"- Music, Online Media and Technology Panel, Time: 12 PM, Location: Hotel Sax
* "How to Properly Prepare Your Demo for Record Labels"- Demo and Artist Critique Session, Hosted by Live Radio, Time: 2 PM, Location: Hotel Sax
* "Are Mixshows Still Impactful for Breaking Records?"- Mixshow Element Panel Discussion, Time: 3:45 PM, Location: Hotel Sax
* Exclusive Listening Party, Time: 6 PM, Location: Hotel Sax
* "Gangsta Grillz" Mixx CD Kingz featuring Sean Mac, DJ Pharris and DJ Drama, Time: 10 PM, Location: The World Bar
Saturday, July 21, 2007
* Music Quest Retail Breakfast and Showcase, Time: 9 AM, Location: Hotel Sax
* Radio Powerbrokers' "What is the 'Real' Formula for Breaking Music on Urban Radio, Time: 10 AM, Location: Hotel Sax
* "Platinum 'Touch' Beats, Lyrics, Hooks and Hits," Time: 12 Noon, Location: Hotel Sax
"How to Promote and Brand Your Event"- Promoters and Marketing Roundtable, Time: 1:45 PM, Location: Hotel Sax
* The Global Mixx Party and BBQ Showcase, Windy Mixx Talent Search Finals, Presented by American Family Insurance, Time: 2 PM, Location: TBD
* Exclusive Listening Party, Hosted by The Soul Selectors, Time: 8 PM, Location: TBD
* The Ultimate Promoters Ball,Hosted by Def Jam Music, Presented by NightlifeMagazine.net and KOOL, Music by DJ Self, the Prince of New York, Time: 10 PM, Location: Undisclosed location
Sunday, July 22, 2007
* Sunday Brunch- House Music Revival, Hosted by BMC, Time: 2 PM, Location: Rumba
* Live @ The BBQ Music Concert, Presented by Zune.net and Digiwaxx.com, Time: 3 PM, Location: TBD
* Supa Soul Sessions, Hosted by EnFullEffect Marketing and NightlifeMagazine.net, Time: 10 PM, Location: Funky Buddah Lounge
Written by DJ Z on 07/13/07
You Might Like...
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.