GLC Throws Mixtape Listening Party, Grants DJBooth Exclusive Interview
Chicago, IL -- On Monday evening, our good friends at Fake Shore Drive sponsored a listening party for Chicago emcee, GLC. Held at the famous Chicago Recording Company, the event was thrown in honor of the G.O.O.D. Music artist' brand new mixtape, "I Ain't Even On Yet."
Well over a hundred industry insiders, tastemakers, producers, artists, and media professionals were on hand to hear the new project which drops today. Chicago-based Midway Games was on hand as well, encouraging attendees to try their new product, Blitz: The League II, for which GLC provided voiceovers and soundtrack music.
The mixtape features brand new production from Xcel and Kanye West, as well as a variety of local up-in-coming producers, and is a prelude to GLC's debut album, which is set to be released sometime in 2009.
Various outlets on hand requested face time with the low-pitched emcee, but DJBooth.net was among the few who was able to briefly sit down with the man of the hour and ask him a few questions; a full-length follow-up feature inside the Booth will follow in the weeks to come.
(L to R) DJ "Z", Andrew Barber (of Fake Shore Drive) and Mikkey Halsted
Written by DJ Z on 10/27/08
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.