GLC Throws Mixtape Listening Party, Grants DJBooth Exclusive Interview
Chicago, IL -- On Monday evening, our good friends at Fake Shore Drive sponsored a listening party for Chicago emcee, GLC. Held at the famous Chicago Recording Company, the event was thrown in honor of the G.O.O.D. Music artist' brand new mixtape, "I Ain't Even On Yet."
Well over a hundred industry insiders, tastemakers, producers, artists, and media professionals were on hand to hear the new project which drops today. Chicago-based Midway Games was on hand as well, encouraging attendees to try their new product, Blitz: The League II, for which GLC provided voiceovers and soundtrack music.
The mixtape features brand new production from Xcel and Kanye West, as well as a variety of local up-in-coming producers, and is a prelude to GLC's debut album, which is set to be released sometime in 2009.
Various outlets on hand requested face time with the low-pitched emcee, but DJBooth.net was among the few who was able to briefly sit down with the man of the hour and ask him a few questions; a full-length follow-up feature inside the Booth will follow in the weeks to come.
(L to R) DJ "Z", Andrew Barber (of Fake Shore Drive) and Mikkey Halsted
Written by DJ Z on 10/27/08
You Might Like...
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.