Giant Step and Svedka Vodka Present: Wale LIVE at the Hudson Hotel [Exclusive]
New York, NY -- On July 22nd, DJBooth.net was invited to check out DC’s own Wale at NYC's Hudson Hotel, presented by Giant Step and Svedka Vodka. Backed by DJ Mark Ronson and his five piece UCB Band, Wale performed a short but sweet set featuring fan favorites like "Back in the Go Go," "Pretty Girls", and "Nike Boots" to a private crowd on the building patio. Decked out in a New York Mets outfit, the "Freshman 10" MVP won the attendees over with his polysyllabic rhyme style and DC Go-Go sound.
Wale's debut album, Attention: Deficit, is scheduled to be released September 22nd through Allido/Interscope.
Written by Mikey Fresh on 08/9/09
You Might Like...
- Win Tickets to See Mick Jenkins & Kirk Knight Live in New York [Booth-Exclusive Giveaway]
- Kendrick Lamar & Ellie Goulding Rock the Bacardi Triangle (Recap & Interview)
- Win Tickets to Chris Webby’s “Chemically Imbalanced” Release Show at SOBs [Booth-Exclusive Giveaway]
- Win Tickets to See Joey BadA$$ Live in Florida [Booth-Exclusive Giveaway]
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.