Giant Step and Svedka Vodka Present: Wale LIVE at the Hudson Hotel [Exclusive]
New York, NY -- On July 22nd, DJBooth.net was invited to check out DC’s own Wale at NYC's Hudson Hotel, presented by Giant Step and Svedka Vodka. Backed by DJ Mark Ronson and his five piece UCB Band, Wale performed a short but sweet set featuring fan favorites like "Back in the Go Go," "Pretty Girls", and "Nike Boots" to a private crowd on the building patio. Decked out in a New York Mets outfit, the "Freshman 10" MVP won the attendees over with his polysyllabic rhyme style and DC Go-Go sound.
Wale's debut album, Attention: Deficit, is scheduled to be released September 22nd through Allido/Interscope.
Written by Mikey Fresh on 08/9/09
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.