Giant Step and Svedka Vodka Present: Wale LIVE at the Hudson Hotel [Exclusive]
New York, NY -- On July 22nd, DJBooth.net was invited to check out DC’s own Wale at NYC's Hudson Hotel, presented by Giant Step and Svedka Vodka. Backed by DJ Mark Ronson and his five piece UCB Band, Wale performed a short but sweet set featuring fan favorites like "Back in the Go Go," "Pretty Girls", and "Nike Boots" to a private crowd on the building patio. Decked out in a New York Mets outfit, the "Freshman 10" MVP won the attendees over with his polysyllabic rhyme style and DC Go-Go sound.
Wale's debut album, Attention: Deficit, is scheduled to be released September 22nd through Allido/Interscope.
Written by Mikey Fresh on 08/9/09
You Might Like...
- Kendrick Lamar & Ellie Goulding Rock the Bacardi Triangle (Recap & Interview)
- Win Tickets to Chris Webby’s “Chemically Imbalanced” Release Show at SOBs [Booth-Exclusive Giveaway]
- Win Tickets to See Joey BadA$$ Live in Florida [Booth-Exclusive Giveaway]
- Allen Stone & The Blueprint For a Great Live Show
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.