Gang Starr Foundation Member, Big Shug, Readies Sophomore LP
NEW YORK, NY -- After trailblazing around the globe numerous times with Gang Starr as a core member of the Gang Starr Foundation, Big Shug, who has appeared on Gang Starr’s classics such as 1994’s Hard To Earn “F.A.L.A.,” 1998’s Moment Of Truth “The Militia” and 2003’s Gold-certified The Ownerz “Capture” (Militia Pt.3), follow’s up his 2005 debut, Who’s Hard, with his sophomore LP---Streetchamp.
Fans of Gang Starr and Big Shug have been waiting anxiously for this de facto team member to re-emerge and Shug answers the street’s call with Streetchamp, which will be released on July 17th, 2007 courtesy of Babygrande Records.
Staying true to the Gang Starr Foundation formula, Big Shug recreates his indelible bond with DJ Premier on Streetchamp with three tracks, including the street-banger “It Just Don’t Stop.” For round two, however, Shug also taps rising producer MoSS (AZ, Joell Ortiz, Sean Price, Ghostface Killah as well as contributions on forthcoming LP’s from Sheek Louch, Red Cafe) to guide his sonic tour de force. Streetchamp also features guest appearances from Termanology and Sean Price and Infamous Mobb’s Big Twins with the latter two joining forces on the massive posse cut “Leg Breakers.”
Be sure to also check out Big Shug as he holds down co-hosting duties on DJ Premier’s Sirius Satellite Radio show “Live From HeadQCourterz” every Friday night from midnight-2AM.
Tracklisting and credits for Big Shug’s Streetchamp:
1.) Intro (produced by MoSS)
2.) Streetchamp (produced by MoSS)
3.) Hood With That (produced by MoSS)
4.) Play It (Produced by DJ Premier)
5.) Warpath f/Termanology & Ea$y Money of ST. (produced by MoSS)
6.) Walk Away (produced by MoSS)
7.) Leg Breakers f/Big Twins of Infamous Mobb & Sean Price (produced by MoSS)
8.) Streets Move f/Singapore (produced by DJ Premier)
9.) Spit it Real (Produced by MoSS)
10.) It Just Don't Stop (Produced by DJ Premier)
11.) Call Me Back (Produced by MoSS)
12.) Spitfire f/Singapore Kane & Dre Robinson (produced by Kid Karnage)
13.) Hear Me (produced by MoSS)
14.) What U Gonna Do (produced by MoSS)
16.) Exposed (produced by MoSS)
17.) Lost (produced by MoSS)
18.) After Me (produced by MoSS)
Written by DJ Z on 05/23/07
You Might Like...
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.