DJBooth.net Freestyle Series to End With Installment #250
In February of 2009, DJBooth.net made online hip-hop history with the launch of our Exclusive Freestyle Series--a venture dreamed up as a way to bring our fans exclusive music while supporting the careers of independent, underground and up-and-coming artists. Since ATL jack-of-all-trades Novel dropped off inaugural entry “Soul Survivor” exactly two years, five months, and 11 days ago, we've received dope, diverse and creative contributions from house favorites (K. Sparks, Jeff Chery, Beyond Belief), industry veterans (Freeway), stars in the making (Yelawolf, Wiz Khalifa) and even an R&B singer (K-Young).
All good things, however, must come to an end. Following Tuesday's installment #249 (courtesy of Hawaiian crew Fortilive), we will be bringing the series to a close with #250. Watch for the final freestyle, by NYC buzzmaker Yonas, to hit our frontpage tomorrow, June 21. And if you're worried that life won't be the the same without your scheduled dose of Booth-exclusive musical content, there's no need to get too teary-eyed. The freestyle series' ending will also mark the beginning of—well, I guess you'll just have to keep it locked to find out.
Written by richard on 06/20/11
You Might Like...
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.