Freddie Gibbs Headlines Star-Studded NYC Showcase
New York, N.Y. -- Two weeks ago, Peter Voidwell presented a showcase headlined by Freddie Gibbs, featuring an diverse group of musicians including Das Racist, Mickey Factz, Tanlines and Gordon Voidwell. Hip hop, dance and synth pop acts joined forces for a night of alluring, modern and trendsetting performances.
Freddie Gibbs, a Midwesterner, performed new music from his upcoming project Straight Killer No Filler, showcasing an old-school influenced charm on songs like "Crushin’ Feelin's" and "What It Be Like." He also performed crowd-pleasers like Womb 2 The Tomb and Murda on My Mind, off the recently released and aptly-titled Midwestgangstaboxframecadillacmuzik Mixtape.
Written by Erica L. on 01/30/10
You Might Like...
- Kendrick Lamar & Ellie Goulding Rock the Bacardi Triangle (Recap & Interview)
- Win Tickets to Chris Webby’s “Chemically Imbalanced” Release Show at SOBs [Booth-Exclusive Giveaway]
- Win Tickets to See Joey BadA$$ Live in Florida [Booth-Exclusive Giveaway]
- Allen Stone & The Blueprint For a Great Live Show
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Omar LinX - Forgive Me
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.