Freddie Gibbs Headlines Star-Studded NYC Showcase
New York, N.Y. -- Two weeks ago, Peter Voidwell presented a showcase headlined by Freddie Gibbs, featuring an diverse group of musicians including Das Racist, Mickey Factz, Tanlines and Gordon Voidwell. Hip hop, dance and synth pop acts joined forces for a night of alluring, modern and trendsetting performances.
Freddie Gibbs, a Midwesterner, performed new music from his upcoming project Straight Killer No Filler, showcasing an old-school influenced charm on songs like "Crushin’ Feelin's" and "What It Be Like." He also performed crowd-pleasers like Womb 2 The Tomb and Murda on My Mind, off the recently released and aptly-titled Midwestgangstaboxframecadillacmuzik Mixtape.
Written by Erica L. on 01/30/10
You Might Like...
- Win Tickets to See Mick Jenkins & Kirk Knight Live in New York [Booth-Exclusive Giveaway]
- Kendrick Lamar & Ellie Goulding Rock the Bacardi Triangle (Recap & Interview)
- Win Tickets to Chris Webby’s “Chemically Imbalanced” Release Show at SOBs [Booth-Exclusive Giveaway]
- Win Tickets to See Joey BadA$$ Live in Florida [Booth-Exclusive Giveaway]
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.