Freddie Gibbs Headlines Star-Studded NYC Showcase
New York, N.Y. -- Two weeks ago, Peter Voidwell presented a showcase headlined by Freddie Gibbs, featuring an diverse group of musicians including Das Racist, Mickey Factz, Tanlines and Gordon Voidwell. Hip hop, dance and synth pop acts joined forces for a night of alluring, modern and trendsetting performances.
Freddie Gibbs, a Midwesterner, performed new music from his upcoming project Straight Killer No Filler, showcasing an old-school influenced charm on songs like "Crushin’ Feelin's" and "What It Be Like." He also performed crowd-pleasers like Womb 2 The Tomb and Murda on My Mind, off the recently released and aptly-titled Midwestgangstaboxframecadillacmuzik Mixtape.
Written by Erica L. on 01/30/10
You Might Like...
- Kendrick Lamar & Ellie Goulding Rock the Bacardi Triangle (Recap & Interview)
- Win Tickets to Chris Webby’s “Chemically Imbalanced” Release Show at SOBs [Booth-Exclusive Giveaway]
- Win Tickets to See Joey BadA$$ Live in Florida [Booth-Exclusive Giveaway]
- Allen Stone & The Blueprint For a Great Live Show
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.