Former Chopper City Boy VL Mike Shot Dead at 30
New Orleans, LA -- The life of an up-and-coming rap talent was cut short Saturday evening as former Chopper City Boyz member, VL Mike ,was gunned down in New Orleans. VL Mike was only 30 years old.
First heard by many listeners on the Chopper City Boyz' 2007 debut album, "We Got This" (which included the David Banner-produced "Make 'Em Mad"), Mike later left the group due to a dispute with fellow member, B.G.. Mike would later team up with The Game's Black Wall Street, before eventually signing a major label deal with Epic Records.
"I'm working real real hard out here, man. I'm recording six, seven, eight songs per day," said Mike in a recent interview with DJBooth's DJ "Z."
This past February, Mike released the solo single, "Money In Here," which features vocals and production by Mannie Fresh. The song, for which a video was shot in March, was set to be the first single off the rapper's forthcoming solo debut, "There's Only 1 Me."
In addition to his solo work, Mike also collaborated with Akon, Webbie, Bossman, and Cyssero among others.
Details regarding the shooting have not yet been released.
Written by DJ Z on 04/20/08
You Might Like...
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Jaden Smith - Cool Tape Vol. 2
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (11/17)
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “L.A. vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)