Former Chopper City Boy VL Mike Shot Dead at 30
New Orleans, LA -- The life of an up-and-coming rap talent was cut short Saturday evening as former Chopper City Boyz member, VL Mike ,was gunned down in New Orleans. VL Mike was only 30 years old.
First heard by many listeners on the Chopper City Boyz' 2007 debut album, "We Got This" (which included the David Banner-produced "Make 'Em Mad"), Mike later left the group due to a dispute with fellow member, B.G.. Mike would later team up with The Game's Black Wall Street, before eventually signing a major label deal with Epic Records.
"I'm working real real hard out here, man. I'm recording six, seven, eight songs per day," said Mike in a recent interview with DJBooth's DJ "Z."
This past February, Mike released the solo single, "Money In Here," which features vocals and production by Mannie Fresh. The song, for which a video was shot in March, was set to be the first single off the rapper's forthcoming solo debut, "There's Only 1 Me."
In addition to his solo work, Mike also collaborated with Akon, Webbie, Bossman, and Cyssero among others.
Details regarding the shooting have not yet been released.
Written by DJ Z on 04/20/08
You Might Like...
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.