Former Chopper City Boy VL Mike Shot Dead at 30
New Orleans, LA -- The life of an up-and-coming rap talent was cut short Saturday evening as former Chopper City Boyz member, VL Mike ,was gunned down in New Orleans. VL Mike was only 30 years old.
First heard by many listeners on the Chopper City Boyz' 2007 debut album, "We Got This" (which included the David Banner-produced "Make 'Em Mad"), Mike later left the group due to a dispute with fellow member, B.G.. Mike would later team up with The Game's Black Wall Street, before eventually signing a major label deal with Epic Records.
"I'm working real real hard out here, man. I'm recording six, seven, eight songs per day," said Mike in a recent interview with DJBooth's DJ "Z."
This past February, Mike released the solo single, "Money In Here," which features vocals and production by Mannie Fresh. The song, for which a video was shot in March, was set to be the first single off the rapper's forthcoming solo debut, "There's Only 1 Me."
In addition to his solo work, Mike also collaborated with Akon, Webbie, Bossman, and Cyssero among others.
Details regarding the shooting have not yet been released.
Written by DJ Z on 04/20/08
You Might Like...
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.