Fergie Releases Solo Album, ‘The Dutchess,’ on September 19
SANTA MONICA, Calif. -- Fergie of the multi-platinum two-time Grammy Award winning group, The Black Eyed Peas, announces the release of her solo debut, "The Dutchess." The album will drop on September 19th, 2006 on will.i.am Music Group / A&M Records.
The album, "The Dutchess," is the eagerly anticipated first release from the will.i.am Music Group. The label is launched by The Black Eyed Peas' frontman and in-demand producer, will.i.am (some credits include: The Pussycat Dolls, John Legend, Nas, Busta Rhymes, Diddy). "The Dutchess" showcases Fergie's ability as a solo artist, and features such artists as Ludacris and Rita Marley.
Since its debut on July 17th, the first single, "London Bridge," has had an unprecedented rise from #84 to #1 on the Billboard Hot 100 in three weeks. The single continues to climb the Billboard Top 40 and Rhythmic Top 40 charts. "London Bridge" has also claimed the #1 position on iTunes Top 100 Songs. In addition, the video, directed by Marc Webb (credits: Weezer's "Perfect Situation," Ashlee Simpson's "Boyfriend," and My Chemical Romance's "The Ghost of You" and "Helena") has found residence at MTV, remaining on TRL since its debut on July 18th.
Fergie has been a member of the Black Eyed Peas since 2002, when the group became a global sensation with the release of Elephunk. The Black Eyed Peas are an international success story, selling over 17M worldwide.
Fergie is currently on tour throughout the U.S. and Canada with The Black Eyed Peas.
Written by DJ Z on 08/12/06
You Might Like...
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.