Fat Joe’s Smash Single “Make It Rain” Is Certified Platinum
New York, NY -- Terror Squad Entertainment and Imperial Records are proud to announce that Fat Joe has sold over 1 million ring tones of “Make It Rain,” as certified by RIAA’s Platinum Ringtune program.
Fat Joe’s critically-acclaimed album Me, Myself and I still continues to sell and make a strong statement for independent music and is one of the most successful albums that Imperial Records has released since re-launching as EMI Music’s independent urban label division in 2006. Some of the other milestones that Imperial has reached with Fat Joe and Terror Squad include Imperial’s first Top 10 single, “Make It Rain” in more than 40 years on the Billboard R&B/Hip Hop Chart, peaking at #6. The album, Me, Myself and I reached #3 on the Billboard R&B/Hip Hop Album Chart and debuted at #14 on the Billboard Top 200 Album Chart. The single, “Make It Rain” also reached #13 on the Billboard Hot 100 Chart. The album has received rave reviews in VIBE, the Source, Washington Post, and the LA Times.
“Fat Joe and Terror Squad Entertainment have been great to work with and are a prime example of what we can bring to a project,” said Neil Levine, Imperial Records Senior VP/GM. “We bring the same pioneering spirit and dedication to quality music as the original Imperial, but with expertise and resources right for independent urban artists today. We have the advantage of being super-focused on finding and developing the most exciting music in the clubs and the streets, but also have access to major label resources. It’s a great combination for our artists.”
Written by DJ Z on 06/25/07
You Might Like...
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.