Fat Joe’s Smash Single “Make It Rain” Is Certified Platinum
New York, NY -- Terror Squad Entertainment and Imperial Records are proud to announce that Fat Joe has sold over 1 million ring tones of “Make It Rain,” as certified by RIAA’s Platinum Ringtune program.
Fat Joe’s critically-acclaimed album Me, Myself and I still continues to sell and make a strong statement for independent music and is one of the most successful albums that Imperial Records has released since re-launching as EMI Music’s independent urban label division in 2006. Some of the other milestones that Imperial has reached with Fat Joe and Terror Squad include Imperial’s first Top 10 single, “Make It Rain” in more than 40 years on the Billboard R&B/Hip Hop Chart, peaking at #6. The album, Me, Myself and I reached #3 on the Billboard R&B/Hip Hop Album Chart and debuted at #14 on the Billboard Top 200 Album Chart. The single, “Make It Rain” also reached #13 on the Billboard Hot 100 Chart. The album has received rave reviews in VIBE, the Source, Washington Post, and the LA Times.
“Fat Joe and Terror Squad Entertainment have been great to work with and are a prime example of what we can bring to a project,” said Neil Levine, Imperial Records Senior VP/GM. “We bring the same pioneering spirit and dedication to quality music as the original Imperial, but with expertise and resources right for independent urban artists today. We have the advantage of being super-focused on finding and developing the most exciting music in the clubs and the streets, but also have access to major label resources. It’s a great combination for our artists.”
Written by DJ Z on 06/25/07
You Might Like...
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.