Fat Joe to Tour Europe for First Time
NEW YORK, NY -- Atlantic Records artist, Fat Joe will be heading to Europe to perform for the first time in his career. The tour will take Fat Joe through Switzerland, France, Germany, the UK and Spain.
Fat Joe's 7th solo LP, "Me Myself & I" will be released independently and features collaborations with The Game, Lil Wayne as well as production from Scott Storch, The Runners, LV, DJ Khaled, STREETRUNNER and many more. Lyrically and musically this album puts you in the mindset of Joe's earlier releases including "Represent" and "Don Cartagena." "This album is really my most up close & personal you've ever heard. I'm showing all sides and letting fans really get to know who I truly am. Lyrically I'm showing my vulnerable and gangster sides. One of the most personal songs on the album is 'Maria' which I dedicated to my mother. I was able to open up and talk about very personal events in my life that I haven't been able to put into my rhymes before." The first single "Clap & Revolve" was produced by The Runners and has already been receiving favorable feedback from radio even being added into rotation on WKYS in Washington, DC as well as receiving heavy airplay on 99 JAMZ in Miami.
Afraid to fly for over 10 years, Fat Joe only dreamed about going over to Europe to tour and meet all his overseas fans. Two years ago, he began flying the friendly skies easing back into it on private jets. Since then he has become comfortable flying on commercial airlines. He has become so at ease with flying that he agreed to be one of the hosts for Europe's version of "Pimp My Ride," and taped episodes earlier this year in Amsterdam, Poland and England. Now, Joe will finally be able to see some of the cities that he has only been able to dream about all of his life. "This tour has been something I've wanted to do for years. I'm so glad I've found peace with flying and am able to finally hit the overseas market. This will definitely be the first of many European trips for me. I'm excited to finally see all my fans overseas that have supported my hip-hop career over the past 14 years."
July 28 Torre de Moncorvo, Portugal Carvisaic Festival
July 29 Gollhofen, Germany Diva Palace
July 30 Paris, France Elysee Montmartre
July 31 Zurich, Switzerland Volkshaus
August 1 Amsterdam, Netherlands Paradiso
August 3 Munich, Germany Crowns Club
August 4 Braunschweig, Germany Jolly Joker
August 5 Chemnitz, Germany Splash Festival
August 6 Lausanne, Switzerland Cult Club
August 7 Copenhagen, Denmark Vega
August 8 Oslo, Norway Rockefeller Venue
Born and raised a product of hip-hop's birthplace, Fat Joe (Joseph Cartagena) lived and breathed the Bronx. The tough-as-nails demeanor that comes with growing up in crime-ridden streets, amidst the raging crack epidemic of the 80s, infused Joe's debut album, "Represent," released in 1993 on Relativity Records. Praised for its strong production, the album introduced the world to 200-plus pounds of raw aggressive rap, and held such rap classics as "Flow Joe" and the DJ Premier-produced title track. As the only Latino rap artist on the East Coast scene, this tenacious Puerto Rican/Cuban represented a demographic that had been yearning for a voice they could call their own. Over ten years later Fat Joe has solidified his position among the greatest hip-hop artists of all time.
Written by DJ Z on 07/25/06
You Might Like...
- Kendrick Lamar & Ellie Goulding Rock the Bacardi Triangle (Recap & Interview)
- Win Tickets to Chris Webby’s “Chemically Imbalanced” Release Show at SOBs [Booth-Exclusive Giveaway]
- Win Tickets to See Joey BadA$$ Live in Florida [Booth-Exclusive Giveaway]
- Allen Stone & The Blueprint For a Great Live Show
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.