Fat Joe Throws J.O.S.E 2 Listening Party [Exclusive Coverage]
New York, NY – It’s fair to say that Fat Joe has been one of the hardest working hip hop artists of the past 10 years, and in the course of last Thursday's Jealous Ones Still Envy 2 listening party, Joe made it clear that he is still a musical force to be reckoned with, and that his relentless grind remains one of hip-hop's biggest elephants in the room.
Journalists, DJs and emcees came out for the exclusive session at NYC’s Platinum Sound Studios; among the attendees of the packed listening event were industry vets like Capone-n-Noreaga, and up-and-coming hitmakers like MIMS.
A confident Joe introduced his album opener, “Hey Joe,” and played it twice—not just to blow the room away with the blarng Jimi Hendrix sample, but to give attendees an inside look at the lopsided critical feedback he's received during his time in the game.
“[Critics] act like they didn’t just hear that; like, ‘oh, he’s not bodying that.’ Another n*gga goes over that, and it’s like, ‘wow, he killed it!’” Joe lamented.
The passion and enthusiasm that went into Joe’s ninth studio album and third EMI release was plain to see as he explained the inspiration behind each record. The Lil’ Kim-assisted “Porn Star” is perfect for the strip clubs, “Congratulations,” a cautionary tale about the ups and downs of fame, features a sarcastically-delivered hook, and “Music” finds the BX bully nostalgically recounting how he first got hooked on the hip-hop game.
In addition to the aforementioned cuts and buzzworthy singles “One” with Akon and “Winding on Me” with Lil Wayne and Ron Browz, fans can expect to hear records produced by Jim Jonsin, The Street Runners and The Incredibles when J.O.S.E. 2 hits stores this April.
Written by Erica L. on 03/1/09
You Might Like...
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.