Fat Joe Says “I Won’t Tell,” Offers Info On New Project
New York, NY -- Imperial Records and Terror Squad Entertainment are releasing Fat Joe’s first official single, “I Won’t Tell (featuring J. Holiday)”. The song is already exploding at radio stations around the country and rapidly heading to the #1 spot on the charts! The street single, “The Crackhouse (featuring Lil’ Wayne)” was serviced to radio only a few weeks ago and is also getting tons of love and mix show airplay, early supporters are saying it’s sure to be the next hustler’s anthem.
Fat Joe has been in the studio all summer creating his new album, The Elephant In The Room the album will be in stores March 11th, 2008. The album features multiplatinum producers, Scott Storch, Cool & Dre, Terror Squad artist, DJ Khaled, Danja Handz and impressive, up and comers, The Runners and LV. In addition to these powerhouse producers the album also features guest artist, Lil Wayne, Diddy, J. Holiday, Rick Ross and Dre of Cool and Dre. This is Fat Joe’s eighth album and it promises to be his biggest and most successful project to date. The album cover will be shot by photographer, Jonathan Mannion in an unknown location. The video of “I Won’t Tell” is going to be a star-studded, extravaganza, reminiscent of the Notorious B.I.G.’s “One More Chance”. The video will be filmed, November 20th in Miami during DJ Khaled’s big, holiday weekend and directed by Gil Greene (he also directed “We Taking Over” by DJ Khaled).
The previous album Me, Myself & I on Terror Squad/Imperial Records has currently sold over 250,000 units and the single “Make It Rain (featuring Lil Wayne)” has currently sold over 2 million ring tones and over 1 million digital downloads. As a solo artist and with Terror Squad, Fat Joe has already sold over 4 million records worldwide. Fat Joe is a hip hop icon and an amazing businessman who is a legendary member of the Diggin in The Crates Crew with Big L and Lord Finesse. He also launched the career of his protégé, Big Pun, who was the first Latin rapper to sell over one million units and Fat Joe also received a Grammy nomination for best performance by a rap group or duo with “Lean Back.”
Written by DJ Z on 11/17/07
You Might Like...
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.