Fashawn Holds Exclusive Meet and Greet in NYC [Exclusive Coverage]
New York, NY – Whether freestyling or creating singles, Fashawn showcases the out-of-the-box thinking that's already earned him a place in the hearts of hip hop fans across the blogosphere. Last Tuesday, insiders looking to get a glimpse into the Fresno native's unique artistic vision headed out to NYC's Chung King Studios for an exclusive meet-and-greet listening session.
Journalists, emcees and even high-profile producers like The Alchemist came out in force to hear Fashawn’s debut LP, Boy Meets World, which is slated for release this August. The LP will feature guest appearances by fellow Cali lyricists Blu, Evidence, and Planet Asia, and is produced entirely by DJ Exile, whose jazz and funk-influenced beats utilize live instrumentation and, thankfully, no synthesizers.
BMW's sound is a refreshing change of pace from the electro-techno-fusion sound that's been ubiquitous as of late, and Fashawn makes the most of Exile's fresh instrumentals, introducing himself to the world in a manner that may remind some of Kanye West's emergence as an artist in '03. A young artist whose emceeing aspirations date back to the age of 12, Fashawn sounds more than ready to step into the spotlight as one of rap's foremost rising stars.
Written by Erica L. on 04/6/09
You Might Like...
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.