Fashawn Holds Exclusive Meet and Greet in NYC [Exclusive Coverage]
New York, NY – Whether freestyling or creating singles, Fashawn showcases the out-of-the-box thinking that's already earned him a place in the hearts of hip hop fans across the blogosphere. Last Tuesday, insiders looking to get a glimpse into the Fresno native's unique artistic vision headed out to NYC's Chung King Studios for an exclusive meet-and-greet listening session.
Journalists, emcees and even high-profile producers like The Alchemist came out in force to hear Fashawn’s debut LP, Boy Meets World, which is slated for release this August. The LP will feature guest appearances by fellow Cali lyricists Blu, Evidence, and Planet Asia, and is produced entirely by DJ Exile, whose jazz and funk-influenced beats utilize live instrumentation and, thankfully, no synthesizers.
BMW's sound is a refreshing change of pace from the electro-techno-fusion sound that's been ubiquitous as of late, and Fashawn makes the most of Exile's fresh instrumentals, introducing himself to the world in a manner that may remind some of Kanye West's emergence as an artist in '03. A young artist whose emceeing aspirations date back to the age of 12, Fashawn sounds more than ready to step into the spotlight as one of rap's foremost rising stars.
Written by Erica L. on 04/6/09
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.