Fader Fort, Yelawolf, Etc…
Welcome, welcome, welcome DJBooth nation. Ivan Ibarra here, and I'll be giving you recaps of my encounters, events, and tomfoolery while in Austin for South by Southwest Music Festival (hereafter SXSW).
To begin, I arrived yesterday afternoon to the beautiful 70 degree weather of Austin. First stop: Fader Fort by FIAT. Basically, the Fader Fort is pretty much an amazing event here. Linking artists of various genres with free beer and DJs throughout the day. Plus add pretty girls and beer pong festivities it is actually a great event. So I get to the venue just before doors close at 8pm (you had to get your wristbands before 8pm) after convincing the parking officials to let me park for free (shouts out to the new homies) and head to the door. Get my pass in line and within 2 minutes of being inside Yelawolf takes stage.
The Gadsden, AL, representative immediately gets the crowd hype with cuts from Trunk Muzik 0-60. I saw Yelawolf perform last here and he's definitely someone to check out if you get the chance.
After that roamed around 6th St. for a few hours and checked out Killer Mike and Chiddy Bang at Venue 222.
Today will be the first full day of random events. Check us out later or hit me up @itsivanibarra, where throughout the day I'm sure I'll be mentioning the events I'm at in real time.
Written by Ivan Ibarra on 03/17/11
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.