Energizer & Grammy-Winning Rap Artist Chamillionaire Reward Fresh Hip Hop Talent
ST. LOUIS, MO -- In the underground hip hop scene he is known as C-Tru, but Chamillionaire has dubbed him the 2007 Energizer(R) e2(R) Titanium Technology(R) Freestylin' Music Contest winner. This weekend, C-Tru emerged from the underground to share the stage with rap star Chamillionaire and the brand icon Energizer Bunny(R) at the DUB(R) Magazine's 2007 Custom Auto Show and Concert -- the world's largest custom auto show and concert tour.
C-Tru beat out hundreds of other hip hop hopefuls in the contest found on MySpace, http://www.myspace.com/energizer. The MySpace community voted for their top choices, narrowing it down for Chamillionaire to make the final call. As the winner, C-Tru met Chamillionaire and performed his entry live at the DUB Auto Show & Concert in Atlanta on Sunday. For additional photos, clips and to hear the winning entry, check out http://www.myspace.com/energizer.
Chamillionaire is no stranger to the dream of making it big. He rose from being a Houston mixtape king to become a Grammy-winning artist for Best Rap Performance of "Ridin,'" only one year after releasing his first major label album, The Sound of Revenge. Chamillionaire, now prepping for the release of his encore album Ultimate Victory, has brought the dream of making it big a little closer for San Francisco's C-Tru.
"Meeting Chamillionaire and spending time with an artist who's out there telling the truth through his music, just like I am, is an opportunity of a lifetime," C-Tru said. "Energizer's support and respect for the music scene made this happen. I'm truly grateful."
Energizer sponsored the Energizer(R) e2(R) Titanium Technology(R) Freestylin' Music Contest to build awareness for its Energizer e2 Titanium Technology battery among music listeners. Independent testing has proven that the orange and silver AA and AAA alkaline batteries are the longest lasting alkaline batteries in high-tech music devices.
Energizer e2 Titanium Technology batteries are designed to power a high-tech, on-the-go lifestyle, at a low-tech price. Energizer e2 Titanium Technology batteries are the best performing AAA alkaline batteries in MP3 players and AA alkaline batteries in CD players*. They are available in AA, AAA and 9-Volt to fit consumer needs. Additional information on Energizer e2 Titanium Technology batteries can be found at http://www.energizer.com/. To learn more about DUB(R) Magazine and the 2007 DUB Magazine Car Show and Concert Tour visit http://www.dubpublishing.com/.
Written by DJ Z on 05/21/07
You Might Like...
- Spit a Verse Over Tinashe’s “Pretend” for Your Chance to Win $1,000 & More [Booth-Exclusive Contest]
- Green Label Sound Issues Open Call to Awesome Artists (Enter & Win)
- Indie Artist Mistakes: Don’t Hire a Bad Manager (#FVHHC Ticket Giveaway!)
- Win Tickets to The Smokers Club’s World Wide Rollers Tour [Booth-Exclusive Giveaway]
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.