E-40’s “My Ghetto Report Card” Certified Gold
BURBANK, CA -- "My Ghetto Report Card," the current album from the legendary rapper, E-40, has been RIAA certified gold this week.
Anchored by the album's first single "Tell Me When 2 Go," which features rapper Keak Da Sneak, "My Ghetto Report Card" (Reprise/BME/Sick Wid It Records) debuted at #1 on the Billboard R&B/Hip-Hop Charts (#3 on Billboard 200 Chart). The "Yay Area" native teamed with BME Recordings' head Lil' Jon, who executive produced the CD (also features production by Lil Jon, Rick Rock, E-40's son Droop-e of the Pharmasuticles, mainstay Bosko, and Studio Tone with guest features by Mike Jones, T-Pain, Keak Da Sneak, Turf Talk, Juelz Santana, B-Legit, The Federation, 8Ball, and UGK).
The video for the current single, "U And Dat," featuring T-Pain and Kandi Girl, is currently on high rotation at BET, MTV and Fuse.
E-40 will release a new DVD (August 29, 2006), entitled "E-40 & The Hype of Hyphy," featuring videos "U And Dat" and "Tell Me When To Go," a behind the scenes look at the making of those videos, and the Hype of Hyphy special, which takes viewers inside the movement and features special appearances by Federation and B-Legit, among others.
"E-40 acts as ringmaster with slick wordplay, street smarts and sly humor. He has long been at the head of his class; now he's graduating to the next level," raves Steve Jones in USA Today, while San Francisco Weekly's Tamara Palmer says, "'My Ghetto Report Card' will go down in history as the album that helped Bay Area hip-hop reclaim its place on the national stage." Congratulations to 40-Bellafonte, 40-water, E-fizzle, Fonzarelli, Mr. Flamboyant, The Ambassador Of The Bay -- E-40.
Written by DJ Z on 08/29/06
You Might Like...
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.