E-40 to Release New DVD “E-40 & The Hype on Hyphy” on August 26th
BURBANK, CA -- Platinum-selling rapper E-40 will release a new DVD entitled "E-40 & The Hype on Hyphy" -- which explores the music and dance style of the Yay Area scene -- on Reprise on August 26th. Known as the "hyphy movement," the gritty, pounding style is a more uptempo version of Crunk that has taken over the San Francisco Bay Area (recently anointed the hot new music scene by Rolling Stone.) Bay Area legend E-40 -- who coined such slang as "Fo' sheezy," "Fo' shizzle" and "What's up pimpin'?" -- is considered the driving force behind the hyphy movement.
The new DVD features E-40's videos "U And Dat" and "Tell Me When To Go," a behind-the-scenes look at the making of those videos, and "The Hype on Hyphy" special, which takes viewers inside the movement and features special appearances by Lil Jon, Federation, and B-Legit among others.
E-40 is currently on the "And 1 Mix Tape Tour 2006" touring behind his latest release "My Ghetto Report Card" (Sick Wid It/BME Recordings/Reprise Records), which debuted at Number One on Billboard's R&B/Hip-Hop and Rap charts, as well as Number Three on the Top 200 chart in March.
Written by DJ Z on 08/14/06
You Might Like...
- Beyond the Lights: Machine Gun Kelly Learns to Act Like Himself
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.