E-40 Gives Back to His High School
VALLEJO, CA -- It was a great day on Wednesday, April 11th in Vallejo, California. Hometown superstar, E-40, presented a check for $12,000.00 to the high school he attended, Hogan High.
Hogan High was vandalized a year ago and much of the band equipment was destroyed. However, despite the hardship, the drum line at Hogan still went on to be champions. E-40, who played in the band from elementary to high school (4th to 12th grade), heard about the story and was impressed with the band's tenacity. He called the drum line instructor and former member of the drum line as well, Tina Jamias, and asked her for a wish list. Ms. Jamias who has been the drum line instructor for the past 10 years, struggled to raise money over the past year and was thankful and overwhelmed by the contribution.
E-40 states, "If I didn't have my start in the drum line I wouldn't be where I am today. Music is real for me. I want people to know that it's kool to be in the band because there is a shortage of musicians nowadays. Music stimulates the mind, and it's therapeutic and healing. People need to realize the importance of music programs in public schools -- I played in the band growing up, Too Short played, and Dallas Austin did too."
On April 11th, The Hogan High drum line champions performed for a standing room crowd and E-40 presented them and the school with a $12,000.00 check. Current and alumnae members were present.
Written by DJ Z on 04/15/07
You Might Like...
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)