E-40 Gives Back to His High School
VALLEJO, CA -- It was a great day on Wednesday, April 11th in Vallejo, California. Hometown superstar, E-40, presented a check for $12,000.00 to the high school he attended, Hogan High.
Hogan High was vandalized a year ago and much of the band equipment was destroyed. However, despite the hardship, the drum line at Hogan still went on to be champions. E-40, who played in the band from elementary to high school (4th to 12th grade), heard about the story and was impressed with the band's tenacity. He called the drum line instructor and former member of the drum line as well, Tina Jamias, and asked her for a wish list. Ms. Jamias who has been the drum line instructor for the past 10 years, struggled to raise money over the past year and was thankful and overwhelmed by the contribution.
E-40 states, "If I didn't have my start in the drum line I wouldn't be where I am today. Music is real for me. I want people to know that it's kool to be in the band because there is a shortage of musicians nowadays. Music stimulates the mind, and it's therapeutic and healing. People need to realize the importance of music programs in public schools -- I played in the band growing up, Too Short played, and Dallas Austin did too."
On April 11th, The Hogan High drum line champions performed for a standing room crowd and E-40 presented them and the school with a $12,000.00 check. Current and alumnae members were present.
Written by DJ Z on 04/15/07
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.