DTP Records and Photobucket Host Online Celebrity Look-a-Like Contest
PALO ALTO, Calif., -- Photobucket, the Web’s most popular creative hub, today launched a “Celebrity Chick” Look-a-Like contest in conjunction with Disturbing Tha Peace (DTP) Records to promote the music label’s latest single, “Celebrity Chick.” Starting on September 10, participants are encouraged to log-in to their Photobucket accounts and submit photos and / or videos of themselves, indicating what female celebrity they think they look like. The winner will be selected based on creativity, originality and resemblance to the “celebrity chick” they’ve imitated.
The winning look-a-like will receive a spot in the Photobucket / “Celebrity Chick” "remix" fan music video. The grand-prize winner will also receive a Disturbing Tha Peace (DTP) Records prize pack including t-shirts, posters and an autographed CD.
The “Celebrity Chick” single, featuring Ludacris, Chingy, Steph Jones and Small World, is part of a compilation album, “Strength in Numbers,” which will be released later this year. The single will also be available on Photobucket for users to create remixes of their photos and videos with music from the popular single.
“I’m really excited about this single because it is Chingy’s re-introduction to the world as a member of DTP and it also allows two of my very talented new artists, Steph Jones and Smallworld, a chance to shine,” said Ludacris. “I love feeding off the energy of my fans, so I’m excited to see what they bring out for Photobucket’s ‘Celebrity Chick’ Look-a-Like contest.”
“Teens are all about using digital media to inject a real sense of personality into online activities,” said Alex Welch, President of Photobucket. “This is the latest example of entertainment brands using new sponsorship models to reach key social networking demographics. This contest is a great way for DTP Records to interact with this highly engaged audience.”
The contest will run on http://celebritychick.photobucket.com from September 10 to October 1, 2007 and the “Celebrity Chick” winner will be announced the week of October 8th.
Written by DJ Z on 09/11/07
You Might Like...
- Win a Copy of Crooked I’s “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop” (Plus Shirts!)
- Spit a Verse Over Tinashe’s “Pretend” for Your Chance to Win $1,000 & More [Booth-Exclusive Contest]
- Green Label Sound Issues Open Call to Awesome Artists (Enter & Win)
- Indie Artist Mistakes: Don’t Hire a Bad Manager (#FVHHC Ticket Giveaway!)
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.