DTP Records and Photobucket Host Online Celebrity Look-a-Like Contest
PALO ALTO, Calif., -- Photobucket, the Web’s most popular creative hub, today launched a “Celebrity Chick” Look-a-Like contest in conjunction with Disturbing Tha Peace (DTP) Records to promote the music label’s latest single, “Celebrity Chick.” Starting on September 10, participants are encouraged to log-in to their Photobucket accounts and submit photos and / or videos of themselves, indicating what female celebrity they think they look like. The winner will be selected based on creativity, originality and resemblance to the “celebrity chick” they’ve imitated.
The winning look-a-like will receive a spot in the Photobucket / “Celebrity Chick” "remix" fan music video. The grand-prize winner will also receive a Disturbing Tha Peace (DTP) Records prize pack including t-shirts, posters and an autographed CD.
The “Celebrity Chick” single, featuring Ludacris, Chingy, Steph Jones and Small World, is part of a compilation album, “Strength in Numbers,” which will be released later this year. The single will also be available on Photobucket for users to create remixes of their photos and videos with music from the popular single.
“I’m really excited about this single because it is Chingy’s re-introduction to the world as a member of DTP and it also allows two of my very talented new artists, Steph Jones and Smallworld, a chance to shine,” said Ludacris. “I love feeding off the energy of my fans, so I’m excited to see what they bring out for Photobucket’s ‘Celebrity Chick’ Look-a-Like contest.”
“Teens are all about using digital media to inject a real sense of personality into online activities,” said Alex Welch, President of Photobucket. “This is the latest example of entertainment brands using new sponsorship models to reach key social networking demographics. This contest is a great way for DTP Records to interact with this highly engaged audience.”
The contest will run on http://celebritychick.photobucket.com from September 10 to October 1, 2007 and the “Celebrity Chick” winner will be announced the week of October 8th.
Written by DJ Z on 09/11/07
- Win Tickets to See Meth & Red and More on the “World Wide Rollers” Tour [Contest]
- Win Free Tickets to See The LOX Perform Live in Miami, Florida [Contest]
- The DJBooth Announces the Winners of Chuck Inglish’s “Legs” Remix Contest
- Win a Pair of SOL REPUBLIC Master Tracks Headphones from DJBooth!
You Might Like...
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Eminem ft. Sia - Guts Over Fear
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.