Drake Hits Furman University on Away From Home Tour [Exclusive Coverage]
If you think it would be a little strange getting to see a highly regarded hip-hop artist perform on the same stage that you walked across for high school graduation, you’d be right. That’s exactly what happened this past Thursday when Aubrey Drake Graham made his way to Timmons Arena for a stop on his Campus Conscious Tour, and he didn’t disappoint. Further extending the night's appeal were opening acts Chaos and Socrates, two more talented artists from Canada (yeah, there’s more than one dope rapper from the land of round bacon).
Of course everyone was really there to see Drake, and when he came to the stage, I realized that he wasn’t just talking s**t when he talks his audiences are eclectic, as both skinny and baggy jeans collectively merged closer to the artist when he appeared (almost made me want to break into a "We are the World" medley). I'll admit that it was curious how an artist whose best known verses have largely come with him at the guest spot, but any worries were quickly put aside when Drake intricately merged all of his features into a single song, never missing a beat. The audience was also treated to tracks from his now-famous mixtape, So Far Gone, along with Over and an unreleased single that will be on his upcoming debut album, Fireworks. If this concert was any indication of what’s to come from this elaborate emcee, then I’m gladly along for the ride.
Written by Sigurd on 04/27/10
You Might Like...
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Jaden Smith - Cool Tape Vol. 2
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (11/17)
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “L.A. vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)