DMX to Entertain Troops in the Persian Gulf on USO Tour
ARLINGTON, Va., -- Rapper DMX will soon embark on his first USO tour to perform for troops stationed in the Persian Gulf region. The raspy-voiced rap superstar also will meet and greet service members.
Currently starring in his own reality show, "Soul of a Man," DMX recently released "Year of the Dog ... Again," his first full-length album in three years and the sixth solo release for the Yonkers, N.Y., native. The album made its debut at No. 2 on Billboard's Top 200.
With more than 20 million copies sold in his career, DMX's commercial success as an entertainer is unquestioned. The first artist to have his first five albums debut consecutively at No. 1, he also has experienced success as an actor, starring opposite Steven Segal in "Exit Wounds" and with Jet Li in "Cradle to the Grave." His latest effort, "Last Hour," will feature Michael Madsen and Paul Sorvino.
This tour continues the USO's tradition of bringing entertainment to troops stationed far from home. Celebrities who have recently made trips for the USO include Gary Sinise, Master P, Lil' Romeo, Shinedown, La Mafia, Toby Keith and Pryde.
USO tours are sponsored by AT&T, Inc., the official telecommunications sponsor of USO entertainment tours.
More From DMX
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.