DMX Free After Posting $25,000 Bail
AP --- DMX is free. The 35-year-old rap star, whose real name is Earl Simmons, walked out of Westchester County jail Friday after posting $25,000 bail following a night behind bars.
City Judge Barbara Leak issued an arrest warrant for the rapper Wednesday when he failed to appear in court to answer to speeding and other traffic charges.
Simmons' lawyer told the judge, who had granted two previous postponements, the artist was sick.
Simmons, whose albums include 'It's Dark and Hell Is Hot,' was arrested in White Plains on June 2 for speeding, making unsafe lane changes, not wearing a seat belt and driving without a license, police said.
He has had other driving problems, before and since, and he served 70 days in jail last year for violating his parole following a 2004 incident in which he posed as an undercover federal agent and crashed his sport utility vehicle through a security gate at John F. Kennedy International Airport.
Earlier this month, police in Scottsdale, Ariz., said they saw him pull a gun from a holster and put it under the front seat of his convertible. He was cited for carrying a concealed handgun.
He was due back in City Court on July 24.
Copyright 2006 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
Written by DJ Z on 07/1/06
You Might Like...
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)