DJBooth.net x SubCon Threads x DJ MoonDawg - “In The Booth (Volume 1)” [Download]
New York, NY -- In honor of our ongoing DJBooth.net Freestyle Series, we have decided to unleash a compilation mixtape showcasing the talent we selected to take part in this groundbreaking endeavor. A new volume of our In The Booth mixtapes will be released after every 30 freestyles in our series.
In The Booth (Vol. 1) is co-sponsored by our good friends at Subconscious Threads and mixed by Chicago's DJ MoonDawg.
UPDATE: The stream and download for this project have been removed. We apologize for the inconvenience.
About Subconscious Threads:
Popular and rebellious are two very different concepts. Subconscious Threads hopes to bring back to Streetwear fashion the separation from normal expression that the culture was born from. Through many thought provoking and artistic designs, Subcon hopes to transcend the gap between different genres of music, fashion, culture, and history. Through its original creations of wearable art, Subconscious Threads aims to unleash the often hidden expressions from the depth’s of consumers' subconscious thoughts, all of this while keeping the shopper looking fresh. Through their eclectic design team, Subcon plans to give customers exclusive pieces that combine artistic expression, political and social statements, and colorways that sneakerheads will truly appreciate. The designs will offer consumers the ability to relate to one another through artwork that transcends global culture and language barriers like never before. We aim to expose many historically profound events in the form of timeless garments. These events, in many cases, have been removed from the history books in an effort to displace the burden of the event where our government sees fit. Followers define boundaries for their work, boundaries based on precedence, leaders destroy those boundaries and inspire others to follow. Our ambition and drive is undeniable and so is our goal; Helping you stay fresher than your fabric softener.
Written by richard on 05/27/09
You Might Like...
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.