DJBooth Freestyle Series to Return; Open Call for Beats
New York, N.Y. -- Oft imitated but never equaled, the DJBooth Freestyle Series ran from February 2009 through June 2011, and included exclusive contributions from such heavyweights-to-be as Kendrick Lamar, Yelawolf, Mac Miller, Big K.R.I.T., MGK and CyHi The Prynce. After nearly two years' hiatus, we're preparing to bring the series back in all its glory—but first, we need your help.
This time around, we're going to be offering our invited emcees the chance to choose from a library of beats submitted to the DJBooth by independent producers. To submit your production for our consideration, send an Email to firstname.lastname@example.org with one (and only one) instrumental attached. MP3s of :45 second snippets will be accepted but, if we decide to use your beat, we will request it be re-submitted as a full-length WAV. All styles and regional sounds are welcomed, though non-sampled beats are a must. Submissions are non-exclusive, and The DJBooth will not sell your work. In the event that your beat is chosen by an emcee, we will notify you before moving forward.
The series is slated to continue through the start of 2014, so there is no set deadline for submissions. Now, bring on the beats!
Written by richard on 11/7/13
You Might Like...
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.