DJBooth Freestyle Series to Return; Open Call for Beats
New York, N.Y. -- Oft imitated but never equaled, the DJBooth Freestyle Series ran from February 2009 through June 2011, and included exclusive contributions from such heavyweights-to-be as Kendrick Lamar, Yelawolf, Mac Miller, Big K.R.I.T., MGK and CyHi The Prynce. After nearly two years' hiatus, we're preparing to bring the series back in all its glory—but first, we need your help.
This time around, we're going to be offering our invited emcees the chance to choose from a library of beats submitted to the DJBooth by independent producers. To submit your production for our consideration, send an Email to firstname.lastname@example.org with one (and only one) instrumental attached. MP3s of :45 second snippets will be accepted but, if we decide to use your beat, we will request it be re-submitted as a full-length WAV. All styles and regional sounds are welcomed, though non-sampled beats are a must. Submissions are non-exclusive, and The DJBooth will not sell your work. In the event that your beat is chosen by an emcee, we will notify you before moving forward.
The series is slated to continue through the start of 2014, so there is no set deadline for submissions. Now, bring on the beats!
Written by richard on 11/7/13
You Might Like...
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.