DJBooth Chart Recap: Week of 04/01/2012
New York, N.Y. -- This week on The DJBooth's Top Hip Hop and R&B Chart, 2 Chainz' “Like Me” climbs from second to first, knocking last week's front-runner, Rihanna's “Birthday Cake (Remix),” to fourth. Up from our Rap Chart, Nas' “The Don” claims second. The sole new feature to earn a spot on the chart, Yelawolf's “Thank You (Freestyle)” debuts in 20th.
On our Top Rap Chart,Obie Trice's “Richard” retains its spot on top, but Nas' “The Don” graduates to our Top Hip Hop and R&B Chart. Debuting in the latter's place is DJ Khaled's “Take It to the Head.” Other new additions come courtesy of E-40, David Banner, Swizz Beatz and more.
On the Top R&B/Pop Chart, Sean Paul's “She Doesn't Mind (Remix),” Akon's “Hurt Somebody,” graduate to our Top Hip Hop and R&B chart, clearing the way for Trey Songz' “Heart Attack” and Miguel's “...ALL” to debut on top. Other new features come courtesy of Pitbull, PJ Morton, Ameriie and more.
On the DJBooth's Top Independent Hip Hop Chart, Act Proof's “All the Way” and J'Lynn's “Mona Lisa” drop to second and fall off the chart entirely,clearing the way for Mac Miller's “The Question” to debut on top. All in all, 16 new features earn spots in the lineup, including a DJBooth-premiered jam by Act Proof ("I Got You," in fourth).
Written by richard on 04/1/12
You Might Like...
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.