DJBooth Chart Recap: Week of 06/10/2012
New York, N.Y. -- This week on The DJBooth's Top Hip Hop and R&B Chart, DJ Drama's “We in This B*tch” and Rick Ross' “Touch 'N You” drop to fourth and seventh. Taking their place in the top two are Lil Wayne's “My Homies Still” (formerly #1 on our Rap Chart) and Lupe Fiasco's “Around My Way” (formerly third). No new features debut among our Top Picks, but further Rap and R&B/Pop chart graduates come courtesy of Meek Mill, Curren$y and Omarion.
On our Top Rap Chart, the graduation of Lil Wayne's “My Homies Still” and Meek Mill's “Amen” to our Rap Chart clears the way for Wiz Khalifa's “Work Hard Play Hard” (a former Top Pick) and The Throne's “No Church in the Wild” to claim the top two. G.O.O.D. Music's “Mercy” resurfaces in 15th after a week away from our charts. Debuting this week are cuts by Waka Flocka Flame, Hit Boy and Curren$y.
On the Top R&B/Pop Chart, the ascent of Omarion's “Let's Talk” and Jeremih's “Late Nights” to our Top Hip Hop and R&B Chart allows Jay Sean's “I'm All Yours” to climb from third to claim first, and Flo Rida's “Run” to debut in second. Also new this week are cuts by Chris Brown, Frank Ocean and The-Dream. Formerly absent from the chart, Breezy's “Don't Wake Me Up” reemerges in 11th.
On the DJBooth's Top Independent Hip Hop Chart, Mac Miller's "On a Roll" debuts in first, knocking Childish Gambino's "Silk Pillow" to second. Last week's runner-up, Josh Sallee's "Saratoga," tumbles to fifth. All in all, 13 new records earn spots in the lineup, among them DJBooth-premiered jams from Music Class, Prote-J and Quite Nyce.
Written by richard on 06/10/12
You Might Like...
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.