DJBooth Chart Recap: Week of 06/03/2012
New York, N.Y. -- This week on The DJBooth's Top Hip Hop and R&B Chart, Usher's “Lemme See” tumbles to fifth, allowing DJ Drama's “We in This B*tch 1.5” to climb from third to first. No new features earn a place among our Top Picks, but records by Lupe Fiasco, Kendrick Lamar, R. Kelly, Justin Bieber and more make the jump from our Top Rap and Top R&B/Pop Charts.
On our Top Rap Chart, the ascent of Lupe's “Around My Way,” and Kendrick Lamar's “War Is My Love” to our Top Hip Hop and R&B Chart clears the way for Lil Wayne's “My Homies Still” and Meek Mill's “Amen” to debut in the top two. New releases from Curren$y, The Throne, Pusha T and more also earn chart placement.
On the Top R&B/Pop Chart, Flo Rida's “Whistle” and R. Kells' “Feelin' Single,” also make the jump to our Top Picks. Omarion's “Let's Talk” (formerly 17th) and Jeremih's “Late Nights” (formerly sixth). New records by J. Holiday, Bobby V., Dev and more debut in the chart.
On the DJBooth's Top Independent Hip Hop Chart, Childish Gambino and Josh Sallee debut on top with "Silk Pillow" and the Booth-premiered "Saratoga," knocking the former front-runners, Stevie Stone's "808 Bendin'" and King Mez' "Monte Carlo," to third and seventh. All in all, 12 new features debut in the lineup, among them additional premieres from Treacherous Records and Eighty4Fly.
Written by richard on 06/5/12
You Might Like...
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.