DJBooth Chart Recap: Week of 06/03/2012
New York, N.Y. -- This week on The DJBooth's Top Hip Hop and R&B Chart, Usher's “Lemme See” tumbles to fifth, allowing DJ Drama's “We in This B*tch 1.5” to climb from third to first. No new features earn a place among our Top Picks, but records by Lupe Fiasco, Kendrick Lamar, R. Kelly, Justin Bieber and more make the jump from our Top Rap and Top R&B/Pop Charts.
On our Top Rap Chart, the ascent of Lupe's “Around My Way,” and Kendrick Lamar's “War Is My Love” to our Top Hip Hop and R&B Chart clears the way for Lil Wayne's “My Homies Still” and Meek Mill's “Amen” to debut in the top two. New releases from Curren$y, The Throne, Pusha T and more also earn chart placement.
On the Top R&B/Pop Chart, Flo Rida's “Whistle” and R. Kells' “Feelin' Single,” also make the jump to our Top Picks. Omarion's “Let's Talk” (formerly 17th) and Jeremih's “Late Nights” (formerly sixth). New records by J. Holiday, Bobby V., Dev and more debut in the chart.
On the DJBooth's Top Independent Hip Hop Chart, Childish Gambino and Josh Sallee debut on top with "Silk Pillow" and the Booth-premiered "Saratoga," knocking the former front-runners, Stevie Stone's "808 Bendin'" and King Mez' "Monte Carlo," to third and seventh. All in all, 12 new features debut in the lineup, among them additional premieres from Treacherous Records and Eighty4Fly.
Written by richard on 06/5/12
You Might Like...
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Obsessively Breaking Down the Demo Version of Eminem’s “Lose Yourself”
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)