DJBooth Chart Recap: Week of 07/02/2012
New York, N.Y. -- This week on The DJBooth's Top Hip Hop and R&B Chart, French Montana's “Pop That” climbs from second to first, knocking Lil Wayne's “My Homies Still” from the top spot after three weeks in the lead. Wiz Khalifa's “Telescope” makes the jump from our Rap Chart to claim second. No new features earn spots among our Top Picks, but additional Rap and R&B/Pop Chart graduates come courtesy of Nas, J. Holiday and Big K.R.I.T.
On our Top Rap Chart, both Wiz Khalifa's "Telescope" and Nas' "Accidental Murderers" make the jump to our Top Hip Hop and R&B Chart this week, clearing the way for DJ Khaled's "I Wish You Would" and Lupe Fiasco's "B*tch Bad" to debut on top. Also debuting are cuts by DJ Drama, Big Sean, T.I., Slaughterhouse, Big Boi and Khalifa.
On the Top R&B/Pop Chart, the ascent of J. Holiday's “Sign My Name” and Chris Brown's “Oh Yeah” to our Top Hip Hop and R&B Chart allows Jeremih's “Ahh Sh*t” (formerly seventh) and Trey Songz' “2 Reasons” (formerly eighth) to take the lead. The sole new feature to enter the chart this week, Breezy's “Get Down” claims 14th. Former Top Picks from Far East Movement, Jay Sean and Usher rejoin the chart.
On the DJBooth's Top Independent Hip Hop Chart, Brother Ali retains his hold on first with "Stop the Presses," but Vinnie Paz' "Cheesesteaks" tumbles from second to eighth, ceding the runner-up position to Voli with former third-place pick "Sound of Love.” All in all, nine fresh features earn spots on the chart, among them Booth-exclusive world premieres from Novel, Bardo and Kid Static.
Written by richard on 07/1/12
You Might Like...
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.