DJBooth Chart Recap: Week of 05/27/2012
New York, N.Y. -- This week on The DJBooth's Top Hip Hop and R&B Chart, 2 Chainz' "No Lie" and A$AP Rocky's “Goldie” tumble from the top two to fourth and fifth, clearing the way for Usher's "Lemme See" (formerly third) and Rick Ross' "Touch 'N You" (a Rap Chart graduate) to take the lead. No new features debut on the chart, but additional cuts from DJ Drama, Childish Gambino, T.I. and more graduate to this week's Top Picks.
On our Top Rap Chart, the graduation of DJ Drama's “We in This B*tch” and T.I.'s “Like That” graduate to our Top Hip Hop and R&B lineup, clearing the way for Lupe Fiasco's “Around My Way” and Kendrick Lamar's “War Is My Love” debut on top. Additional features Rick Ross, Gucci Mane, Ca$h Out and more debut on the chart this week.
On the Top R&B/Pop Chart, Rihanna's “Where You Been” and Usher's “Scream” tumble to respectively fifth and fourth, clearing the way for Flo Rida's “Whistle” (a former Top Pick) and R. Kelly's “Feelin' Single” (formerly ninth). New cuts by Justin Bieber, Nicki Minaj, Omarion and more debut on the chart.
On the DJBooth's Top Independent Hip Hop Chart, Childish Gambino's “We Ain't Them” tumbles from first to fall off the chart entirely; replacing it on top is Stevie Stone's “808 Bendin'.” King Mez retains second with “Monte Carlo.” All in all, 15 fresh features earn spots on the chart, among them Booth-exclusive world-premieres from El Prez and Caspa Narkz.
Written by richard on 05/28/12
You Might Like...
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Jaden Smith - Cool Tape Vol. 2
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (11/17)
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “L.A. vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.