DJBooth Chart Recap: Week of 05/21/2012
New York, N.Y. -- This week on The DJBooth's Top Hip Hop and R&B Chart, 2 Chainz' “No Lie” retains top billing, but Brandy's “Put It Down” cedes its position as runner-up to A$AP Rocky's “Goldie” (a Rap Chart graduate). Chris Brown's “Don't Wake Me Up” is the sole new feature to earn a spot on the chart, debuting in second.
On our Top Rap Chart, the ascent of David Banner's “Amazing” and Nas's “Daughters” to our Top Hip Hop and R&B Chart clears the way for DJ Drama's “We in This B*tch 1.5” and T.I.'s “Like That” to claim the top two. Also new this week are records by Rick Ross, Birdman, Bob Wow and more.
On the Top R&B/Pop Chart, K'NAAN's “Hurt Me Tomorrow” makes the jump to our Top Hip Hop and R&B chart, clearing the way for the runner-up, Rihanna's “Where Have You Been,” to take its place. Usher's “Scream” climbs from seventh to take second. New features by T. Mills, Ne-Yo, Eric Benét and others debut in this week's chart.
On the DJBooth's Top Independent Hip Hop Chart, Ab-Soul's "Illuminate" and Kid Ink's "Neva Give a F**k," drop to fourth and fifth this week, clearing the way for Childish Gambino's "We Ain't Them" and King Mez' "Monte Carlo" to debut in the top two. All in all, 11 new features earn spots in the lineup, including a Booth-exclusive world premiere from Reject ("Go to Sleep," in 15th).
Written by richard on 05/20/12
You Might Like...
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.