DJBooth Chart Recap: Week of 05/21/2012
New York, N.Y. -- This week on The DJBooth's Top Hip Hop and R&B Chart, 2 Chainz' “No Lie” retains top billing, but Brandy's “Put It Down” cedes its position as runner-up to A$AP Rocky's “Goldie” (a Rap Chart graduate). Chris Brown's “Don't Wake Me Up” is the sole new feature to earn a spot on the chart, debuting in second.
On our Top Rap Chart, the ascent of David Banner's “Amazing” and Nas's “Daughters” to our Top Hip Hop and R&B Chart clears the way for DJ Drama's “We in This B*tch 1.5” and T.I.'s “Like That” to claim the top two. Also new this week are records by Rick Ross, Birdman, Bob Wow and more.
On the Top R&B/Pop Chart, K'NAAN's “Hurt Me Tomorrow” makes the jump to our Top Hip Hop and R&B chart, clearing the way for the runner-up, Rihanna's “Where Have You Been,” to take its place. Usher's “Scream” climbs from seventh to take second. New features by T. Mills, Ne-Yo, Eric Benét and others debut in this week's chart.
On the DJBooth's Top Independent Hip Hop Chart, Ab-Soul's "Illuminate" and Kid Ink's "Neva Give a F**k," drop to fourth and fifth this week, clearing the way for Childish Gambino's "We Ain't Them" and King Mez' "Monte Carlo" to debut in the top two. All in all, 11 new features earn spots in the lineup, including a Booth-exclusive world premiere from Reject ("Go to Sleep," in 15th).
Written by richard on 05/20/12
You Might Like...
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.