DJBooth Chart Recap: Week of 05/13/2012
New York, N.Y. -- This week on The DJBooth's Top Hip Hop and R&B Chart, Brandy's "Put It Down" slips from first to second, unseated by 2 Chainz' "No Lie" (a Rap Chart graduate). R. Kelly's "It's On" and 2 Chainz' "Riot (Remix)" debut on the chart today, claiming 17th and 19th. Graduating from our Rap and R&B/Pop Charts along with Chainz' cut are records by Far East Movement, Chief Keef and more.
On our Top Rap Chart, the graduation of 2 Chainz' “No Lie” and Chief Keef's “I Don't Like (Remix)” make the jump to our Top Hip Hop and R&B lineup, clearing the way for David Banner's “Amazing” (a new addition) and Nas' “Daughters” (a former Top Pick) to claim the top two. Other new additions come courtesy of Meek Mill and Twista, and joints by DJ Drama, Wale and Big K.R.I.T. reemerge after a period of absence from the chart.
On the Top R&B/Pop Chart, former front-runners Far East Movement (“Dirty Bass”) and Flo Rida (“Whistle”) graduate to our Top Hip Hop and R&B lineup. K'NAAN's “Hurt Me Tomorrow,” a new feature, and Rihanna's “Where Have You Done,” formerly fourth, take their place in the top two. Also debuting are cuts by Sammy Adams, Ywada and D-Why.
On the DJBooth's Top Independent Hip Hop Chart, BRKF$T CLUB's “The Fellowship” tumbles from first to fourth after two weeks on top, and the former runner-up, Chris Webby's “I'm in Here,” drops from second to eighth. Formerly absent from the chart, OnCue's "Rich Kid" and G-Eazy's "Marilyn" resurface in sixth and 11th. All in all, 12 fresh cuts earn spots on the chart, among them a Booth-exclusive world premiere from Layne Harper.
Written by richard on 05/14/12
You Might Like...
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.