DJBooth Chart Recap: Week of 03/04/2012
New York, N.Y. -- This week on The DJBooth's Top Hip Hop and R&B Chart, Tyga's “King & Queens” retains the crown, but the runner-up, Trae the Truth's “I'm On 2.0,” tumbles to seventh; taking the latter's place in second is Rihanna's Chris Breezy-assisted “Birthday Cake (Remix),” formerly the front-runner on our R&B/Pop Chart. No new features debut this week, but additional Rap and R&B/Pop Chart graduates come courtesy of B.o.B, J. Cole, Melanie Fiona and more.
On our Top Rap Chart, J. Cole's “Grew Up Fast” and Chamillionaire's “Won't Change” make the jump to our Top Hip Hop and R&B Chart; taking their place are Nicki Minaj's "Roman Reloaded," (formerly 10th) and Diggy Simmons' "88" (formerly sixth). New features from Slaughterhouse, Rick Ross, DJ Drama and more make their entrance into the chart.
On the Top R&B/Pop Chart, the former front-runners, Rihanna's “Birthday Cake (Remix)” and B.o.B's “So Good,” make the jump to our Top Picks. Taking their place are Novel's “Video Games” and The-Dream's “Kill the Lights,” debuting along with joints by J. Holiday, Far East Movement, Rita Ora and more.
On the DJBooth's Top Independent Hip Hop Chart, Rittz' "Walking on Air" falls to fourth, clearing the way for the former runner-up, G-Eazy's "Marilyn," to make the jump to first. Odd Future's "Rella" climbs from third to take second. All in all, 14 new features earn spots on our Independent Chart, among them Booth-exclusive world premieres from Mr. J. Medeiros and A.J. Crew.
Written by richard on 03/4/12
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.