DJBooth Chart Recap: Week of 02/19/2012
New York, N.Y. -- This week on The DJBooth's Top Hip Hop and R&B Chart, Chris Brown's “Turn up the Music” and Tyrese's “Fireworkz (Remix)” drop to fourth and sixth, clearing the way for The Throne's “Gotta Have It” (formerly fifth) and Tyga's “Rack City (Remix)” (formerly third). No new features enter the chart, but joints by Trae the Truth, Monica and more graduate from our Rap and R&B/Pop Charts.
On the Top Rap Chart, Trae the Truth's “I'm on 2.0” and David Banner's “Yao Ming (Remix)” graduate to our Top Hip Hop and R&B chart, clearing the way for new features from Tyga (“King & Queens”) and Killer Mike (“Big Beast”) to take the lead. Also debuting are new records from Busta Rhymes, Kendrick Lamar, Meek Mill and more.
On our Top R&B/Pop Chart, the former front-runners, Monica's “It All Belongs to Me” and Jori King's “Breakfast in Bed,” respective graduate to our Top Hip Hop and R&B chart and fall to fifth. Usher's “Climax” and Cassie's “King of Hearts” debut in their place. Additional new features come courtesy of Usher, Cassie, Jenny Bapst and more.
On the Booth's Top Independent Hip Hop Chart, Hi-Rez' “Music in Me” and Rittz' “Paradise” tumble from the top two to land in fourth and sixth; two new features, Bang, You're Dead's “Meat Market” and The Pro Letarians' “Church,” replace them on top. All in all, 16 fresh cuts earn spots on the chart, among them Booth-exclusive world premieres from M.i. and M3 & Zumo Kollie.
Written by richard on 02/19/12
You Might Like...
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Omar LinX - Forgive Me
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.