DJBooth Chart Recap: Week of 02/05/2012
This week on The DJBooth's Top Hip Hop and R&B Chart, Machine Gun Kelly's “Invincible” retains the top spot, but B.o.B's “Play the Guitar” drops from second to third, unseated by Chris Brown's “Turn up the Music.” New features from Big K.R.I.T. (“Boobie Miles”) and R. Kelly (“Share My Love”) enter the chart.
On our Top Rap Chart, 8Ball & MJG's “We Buy Gold” and 50 Cent's “I Just Wanna” make the jump to our Top Hip Hop and R&B Chart, clearing the way for The Throne's “Gotta Have It” (a new feature) and Tyga's “Rack City (Remix)” (formerly 13th to claim the top two. Debuting along with The Throne's joint are cuts by Don Trip, Young Jeezy, Wale and more.
On the Top R&B/Pop Chart, Melanie Fiona's “Wrong Side of a Love Song” and Chris Brown's “Turn Up the Music” graduate to join our Top Hip Hop and R&B lineup. Replacing them are Tyrese's “Fireworkz (Remix)” (a formerTop Pick) and Flo Rida's “Wild Ones” (formerly 16th).
On the Independent Hip-Hop Chart, Emilio Rojas' “Look Up” debuts at #1, knocking the former front-runner, Vinnie Paz' “Death Messiah 2012,” to ninth. Yonas' “Midnight City” hangs onto second. All in all, 13 fresh features earn chart placement, among them Booth-premiered joints by The Cranberry Show and Knowledge Medina.
Written by richard on 02/5/12
You Might Like...
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.