DJ Whoo Kid Breaks Down His Essential DJ Set-Up
For years now DJ Whoo Kid has been one of hip-hop's most recognizable faces behind the turntables, serving as one of G-Unit's go to turntablists, a tour DJ for 50 Cent, a host of his own Shade 45 radio show, and a widely demanded live show DJ. You'd think such an accomplished DJ would have an incredibly elaborate set-up, right? Wrong.
“I keep everything simple when it comes to pre-recording my Shade 45 show or knocking out an artist's mixtape," says Whoo Kid. "My equipment is used for both, and I had to make things easy due to my incredible travel schedule.”
Since our roots were and will always be in the Booth, it was only right that we teamed up with the good folks at Green Label to interview Whoo Kid on his essential DJ set-up. From the trusty old Tascam CD-RW700 he uses to record to Serato and Pioneer CDJ 2000s he uses to mix, this is a rare look at exactly how one of the world's biggest DJs puts in work. Watch and learn.
Written by Nathan S. on 04/22/14
You Might Like...
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Young Thug ft. Lil Wayne - Take Kare
- Jay Rock - Parental Advisory
- Run the Jewels ft. Zack De La Rocha - Close Your Eyes (And Count to F*ck)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.