DJ Whoo Kid & Consequence Hook-Up For “The Cons, Vol. 5: Refuse To Die” Mixtape
New York, NY -- Kanye West’s G.O.O.D. Music artist Consequence recruited G-Unit’s Whoo Kid for the fifth chapter of his mixtape The Cons Vol.5 “Refuse To Die”. The project is jam-packed with a solid tracklist, setting if off with the remix of Consequence’s single “Don’t Forget Em”, produced by and featuring Kanye himself. This is Consequence’s first release since dropping his debut album Don’t Quit Your Day Job earlier this year. Cons & Whoo Kid drop just in time to keep the fans hungry until Cons’ 2nd album coming in 2008, titled You Win Some, You Lose Some.
Cons also has been putting in work on the video side, reuniting with A Tribe Called Quest member Ali Shaheed Muhammad and neighbor the Legendary D.M.C. of Run D.M.C. for his video “Uncle Rahiem.” In the video, DMC plays Consequence’s Uncle Rahiem and illustrates a hectic scenario between family and morality. The New York Native returned to his stomping ground in Jamaica Queens to film the street anthem “Q.U.E. Another E.N.S.” with Director Rik Cordero of Three21 Films, who recently directed Jay Z’s trailer for “Black Magic”. The video is compiled with cameos from Q-Tip, Prodigy, Large Professor and other surprise special guests representing the Queens borough.
"This is the first-ever G-Unit/G.O.O.D. Music collaboration, so it should be historic. This is what I offer to the game and if you f*** with it, you f*** with it. Take away the gear and the jewels, it's just music. I've always tried to make music that relates to the relatable. Like, I've been in this situation because that's what made me write it… That's what I'm trying to bring to the table…This is the kind of hip-hop that everybody grew up on," declared Consequence.
Another sure-fire banger featured on The Cons Volume 5 is “Express Yourself 08.” Coming from DJ Statik Selektah’s forthcoming album, the song features Talib Kweli and Termanology with righteous lyrics that encapsulates the issues in the United States and brings them to the light in a strong, but positive approach. The video for “Express Yourself 08” is also scheduled to shoot later this month.
The Cons Vol. 5 also features artists Nas, Beyonce, Mary J. Blige, Collie Buddz, Musiq Soulchild and the Legendary Patti Labelle. A Cons DVD entitled “On The Job Training” is also scheduled to hit retailers soon, with all the videos from Don’t Quit Your Day Job, as well as Refuse To Die. The Cons Vol. 5 with DJ Whoo Kid will be available everywhere October 9, 2007.
1) Consequence and Ma (intro)
2) Consequence ft. Kanye West - Don’t Forget Em Remix
3) Consequence - Breakfast of Champions
4) Consequence - Q.U.E. Another E.N.S
5) Consequence ft. Nas - Close The Door
6) Consequence - Complications [prod by Kanye West]
7) Consequence - Tic Toc
8) Consequence ft. Collie Buddz - Blind to you Remix
9) Consequence ft. Mary J Blige - Dollar Bill
10) Consequence - ft. Musiq Soulchild - Make You happy
11) Consequence ft. Beyonce - Sugar Mama
12) Consequence ft. Talib Kweli & Termanology-Express Yourself ‘08
13) Uncle Rahiem (skit)
14) Consequence - Uncle Rahiem
15) Consequence - Put A Record Out
16) Patti Labelle (skit)
17) Consequence ft. Kanye West, Patti Labelle - Anything
Written by DJ Z on 10/7/07
You Might Like...
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.