DJ Skee Named One of Billboard’s “Power Players: 30 Under 30” 2010 List
Los Angeles, CA - Today, Scott “DJ Skee” Keeney, 26, was featured in Billboard Magazine’s influential "Power Players: 30 Under 30” list for 2010. The list highlights young industry executives that are driving the music industry forward today with their artistic and business vision. DJ Skee, has quickly become a music industry influencer and currently DJs for KIIS-FM Los Angeles and has four Sirius XM Radio shows. In addition, DJ Skee runs a multimedia music/marketing/production company, Skee.TV.
“It’s a honor to be recognized by Billboard Magazine in this year’s 30 Under 30 list,” said DJ Skee. “This year has been a big year for Skee.TV and we look forward to continuing the momentum with creative events, videos, new business partnerships and innovative marketing initiatives.”
DJ Skee, started off his career as a DJ when he was a teenager in Minneapolis and then moved to Los Angeles at the behest of Loud Records/SRC founder Steve Rifkind. Since then, DJ Skee has quickly become one of hip-hop's most powerful young voices for his work on the biggest radio station in the country, the top viewed channel online on YouTube, and collaborations with hottest artists in the world.
Combining his passion for music and love of new media and marketing, DJ Skee founded Skee.TV, which is a unique production, marketing, and content distribution company specializing in creative visual productions. Since its launch in 2007, Skee.TV has garnished over 150 million streams on its website and also recently launched Skeetox, a live music experience featuring a live seven-piece band, LED light wall and special guest artists. The events have garnered rave reviews from LA Times, LA Weekly, AllHipHop.com and more and brought out special performances by Snoop Dogg, Xzibit, Chamillionaire, Mike Posner, Ya Boy and Cisco Adler.
Keep it locked for the next installment of DJBooth's "Best of the Booth" mixtape series, mixed by, you guessed it, DJ Skee and set to drop in early September.
Written by Nathan S. on 08/17/10
You Might Like...
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.