DJ Khaled’s Official Debut “Listennn…The Album” Is on Fire!
NEW YORK, NY -- KOCH Records artist and Terror Squad member DJ Khaled continues to set the hip-hop world on fire with his incredible debut album, "Listennn...The Album." The killer album, released on June 6th, 2006 rocketed to #1 on the Billboard Independent Chart on the strength of its first single & video, "Holla At Me" featuring Lil' Wayne, Paul Wall, Fat Joe, Rick Ross and Pitbull.
Khaled is now set to tear up radio airwaves and the video world all over again with a new pair of incendiary singles.
First up is "Grammy Family," with G.O.O.D. Music Family artist Consequence and featuring the likes of Kanye West and John Legend. Concurrently, the Miami/Dade County classic, "Born and Raised" featuring Trick Daddy, Pitbull and Rick Ross is also gaining momentum. "Born and Raised" is already Top 10 at WEDR/Miami and setting the city on fire. The video, directed by DAYO, will World Premiere on Yahoo! on Monday, August 7th, 2006.
The video for "Grammy Family," directed by Bernard Gourley (Three 6 Mafia, E-40, Cam'ron) will World Premiere along with an MTV2 "Makes The Video" on Tuesday, August 8th, 2006.
DJ Khaled says, "I feel so good about my album; when I'm in the streets, everyone tells me it's a classic!!!! I appreciate everyone who has bought my album!! The 2 videos that are about to premiere are just huge videos. My friends at KOCH Records see my vision. I'm showing the music game that I can make a classic album!!!"
Written by DJ Z on 07/25/06
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.