DJ Khaled To Release New Terror Squad/Koch Album In Summer ‘08
New York, NY -- DJ Khaled is prepping the release of his new studio album on Terror Squad/KOCH Records, set to be released in summer 2008.
Alan Grunblatt, General Manager of KOCH Records, states, “We look forward to our continued relationship with DJ Khaled and Terror Squad. Congratulations to Khaled and Def Jam for their label deal. I wish them all the best.”
Khaled’s most recent album, We The Best, has sold over 350,000 copies to date and debuted at #8 on The Billboard Top 200. The album spawned the monster hits, “We Takin’ Over,” featuring T.I., Akon, Rick Ross, Fat Joe, Lil’ Wayne, and Baby, and “I’m So Hood,” featuring T-Pain, Trick Daddy, Rick Ross and Plies. Both songs were #1 most added at urban radio during their respective add weeks. Additionally, “We Takin’ Over” is on its way to Gold for ringtone sales and digital sales. “I’m So Hood” has sold over 700,000 sales digitally and over 700,000 ringtones, and is close to going platinum on both platforms.
DJ Khaled’s debut album, Listennn…The Album, introduced Khaled, Miami’s’ #1 radio DJ on WEDR, to the rest of the world. This album sold over 200,000 and included the hits, “Holla At Me,” “Grammy Family,” and “Born N’ Raised.”
KOCH Records will also release a new album by Fat Joe’s Terror Squad later this year.
Written by DJ Z on 02/16/08
You Might Like...
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.