DJ Khaled Launches WE THE BEST MUSIC With Def Jam Records
New York, NY -- From the mean streets of Dade County, artist and producer DJ Khaled has re-focused worldwide attention on the Miami hip-hop scene, and now enters into an exclusive partnership between his label, We The Best Music, and Def Jam Records, it was announced today by Antonio ‘L.A.’ Reid, Chairman, Island Def Jam Music Group. The artist ACE will be the first release under the new agreement, in store date to be confirmed in the weeks ahead.
"I'm proud to be a member of the Def Jam family," said DJ Khaled. "Def Jam has been and still is one of the most important institutions in hip hop AND music as a whole. I am extremely honored and excited to be a partner with them in We The Best Music. I look forward to creating great music and continuing the success. LA, Shakir and Lenny S are you ready? I am!!! Let’s go!! Caaaaassssshhhhh Flooooowww!!! And remember....We global....global, we're international.....international! We The Best Music/Def Jam....get ready for history!!!"
Primarily known for his megastar-packed song productions, DJ Khaled retains his membership in executive producer Fat Joe’s East Bronx-based Terror Squad. Khaled’s label takes its name from his most recent album, We The Best (Koch, June 2007), which spun off two solid rap/R&B/pop crossover singles: “We Takin’ Over” (featuring Akon, T.I., Rick Ross, Fat Joe, Birdman & Lil’ Wayne), followed by “I’m So Hood” (featuring T-Pain, Trick Daddy, Plies & Rick Ross). DJ Khaled also manages the super producing duo, The Runners.
Nearly three dozen other hip-hop notables can be found slamming their rhymes on We The Best, including Young Jeezy, Dre, Juelz Santana, Beanie Sigel, The Game, Jadakiss, Paul Wall, Trina, Bone Thugs-N-Harmony, Styles P, Cassidy, and more. The album hit #1 on the Independent chart, #2 on the R&B chart, and #8 on the pop side.
DJ Khaled was introduced on Listennn... the Album (Koch, June 2006), an equally A-list get-together that starred Lil’ Wayne, Paul Wall, Fat Joe, Rick Ross, and Pitbull on the Top 20 Rap track, “Holla At Me.” Kanye West and John Legend made a rare collaboration on “Grammy Family,” as did Beanie Sigel and Jadakiss on “It’s A Problem.” The album also contained guest shots by Young Jeezy, Nas, Juelz Santana, Akon, Styles P, Bone Thugs-N-Harmony, Twista, Trina, Dre, Trick Daddy, and others.
More From DJ Khaled
- Album: DJ Khaled - Suffering From Success
- DJ Khaled ft. Scarface, Jadakiss, Meek Mill, Akon, John Legend & Anthony Hamilton - Never Surrender
- DJ Khaled ft. Rick Ross, Meek Mill, T.I., Swizz Beatz & Diddy - I Feel Like Pac, I Feel Like Biggie
- DJ Khaled ft. Future, Nicki Minaj & Rick Ross - I Wanna Be With You
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: !llmind
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.