Did Diddy Just Cook? [SXSW Video]
Wow. Literally...wow. The past few days at SXSW have all been epic in their own ways, but Saturday took the cake. After a few issues with my friends' flights, I managed to check in at The Fader Fort for the last evening of the event. Scheduled to perform were The Cool Kids, Machine Gun Kelly, Curren$y, and with Lil B being the headliner. I got in a few hours early to check out the heavy hip hop lineup and enjoy a few mixed drinks of course.
First up was Machine Gun Kelly, who I had never seen perform but must admit he indeed does have a very entertaining show. A few acts later was Curren$y and had a stellar performance. After a few more drinks it came time for Lil B's set...which you possibly have heard about by now. If not, well I'll tell you.
Diddy came out and introduced Lil B. This wasn't a normal introduction, the crowd was extremely responsive with Diddy and especially even more when he started "cooking" on stage. Lil B then came out and performed about a 30 minute set. Towards the end of his set Diddy came back on stage and performed three songs (which the crowd sung along with every word) followed by a guest appearance by Odd Future.
After that dipped out and headed to see the Respect The West showcase, which was a tribute to Nate Dogg. Various West-Coasters took stage and I arrived just in time to catch Kendrick Lamar's set. He had the crowd singing along and was ridiculous when he performed Michael Jordan. The DPG followed with a surprise guest appearance by Snoop Dogg. After the show, got about 4 hours of sleep and hit to road to return home.
Overall, a very successful SXSW for me personally and I definitely have plenty of memories from this year. I also met countless people who were out there enjoying/working the shows. Until we meet again next year SXSW...
Written by Ivan Ibarra on 03/21/11
You Might Like...
- Kendrick Lamar & Ellie Goulding Rock the Bacardi Triangle (Recap & Interview)
- Win Tickets to Chris Webby’s “Chemically Imbalanced” Release Show at SOBs [Booth-Exclusive Giveaway]
- Win Tickets to See Joey BadA$$ Live in Florida [Booth-Exclusive Giveaway]
- Allen Stone & The Blueprint For a Great Live Show
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.