Stars Come Out in Support of Diabetes Awareness
Filed Under: by Erica L. on Feb 01, 2010
New York, N.Y. – On Monday, January 20, advocates, musicians, actors and DJs united in support of diabetes awareness at Brooklyn’s new Knitting Factory for the Mind Body Soul benefit.
Most notably the benefit included an appearance from a Tribe Called Quest founder Pfife Dawg, who is a diabetic himself and was making his first live appearance in NYC after having recently undergone a kidney transplant. Further supporting diabetes awareness, a chronic illness that affects approximately 24 million Americans, was actor and host Michael Rapaport who represented the movement while performers, including Consequence, Talib Kweli, Jay Electronica and Ghostface rocked the stage. Special guests also included Charlie Murphy and Grand Puba, each of whom motivated concert attendees to devote themselves to such a worthy cause.
More From Consequence
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Future ft. Pharrell, Pusha T & Casino - Move That Dope
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- Devin Miles - Where the DJs At?
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!