DJBoothTV Sits Down With “Hope They Hear Me” Author Dee-1
A New Orleans native with plenty to say and the skills to get heads' attention, Dee-1 introduced himself to the Booth by offering some constructive criticism to rap's reigning heavyweights on mixtape single “Jay, 50 and Weezy.” His perspective evidently resonated with readers, as the cut was voted Best Hip-Hop Record of 2010 (Underground/Unsigned) in this past January's Best of the Booth Awards. Now, the up-and-comer's hooked up with DJBooth.net to release I Hope They Hear Me Vol. 2, his first album-length collection of all-original material. Featuring “Jay 50, and Weezy” as well as acclaimed leaks “It's My Turn” and “Ridin' by Myself,” the project is available here for free streaming and download!
In the exclusive video interview below, Dee-1 sits down with DJBoothTV's own Jacques Morel to discuss what fans can expect from his latest project, his surprising pre-rap employment history, and whether the subjects of his Booth debut have gotten the message.
Video by Pro Audio Star, Brooklyn's number one source for pro audio and dj equipment. For more, visit ProAudioStar.com.
Written by richard on 03/3/11
You Might Like...
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/19)
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.