David Banner’s New Cartoon “That Crook’d Sipp” on Cartoon Network
New York, NY -- David Banner is set to debut his thought provoking cartoon That Crook'd Sipp this Saturday Night (Sunday morning - May 13th) @ 12:15 AM on the Cartoon Network.
That Crook'd Sipp, loosely based on Banner's life, is about a white family in Mississippi named The Beauregards who are living in Mississippi trapped in the 1800s but actually living in 2007. Virgil, a young progressive black man in Mississippi and the main character, played by Banner, tells the story of the Beauregards through his eyes. Virgil owns the hottest restaurants in the little town called Sweet Tea, Mississippi and has the most controversial group in the South called the Sweet Tea Monsters, who will really release an album as added bonus to the series.
Banner decided to use his home state as the setting of That Crook'd Sipp because "I actually think Mississippi is one of the best states as far as race relations is concerned, because Mississippi is more honest about how they feel about each other. If white folks like you, they really like you and will die for you. If they don't like you, well that's a different story." That Crook'd Sipp deals societal issues of the day and allows me as a rapper to use another avenue to get the word out on issues that they may not have a chance to do through sound recordings," states Banner.
Banner is currently in the studio working on a new album, The Greatest Story Ever Told due out late 2007. He recently had his debut as an actor in the feature film Black Snake Moan alongside Samuel Jackson and Christina Ricci and has been working on a few more movie roles over the past year.
Written by DJ Z on 05/13/07
You Might Like...
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Lorenzo Asher, The Director #TopProspects
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.