‘Dave Chappelle’s Block Party’ on DVD June 13th
UNIVERSAL CITY, Calif. -- Comic genius Dave Chappelle takes his explosive humor and raw energy on the road in a freewheeling and heartwarming journey from small-town Ohio to the vibrant streets of New York City in "Dave Chappelle's Block Party," coming to DVD June 13, 2006 from Universal Studios Home Entertainment. Available for the first time in an unrated, extended DVD version, "Dave Chappelle's Block Party" features over 20 minutes of additional material not shown in theaters plus more than 45 minutes of bonus features that give viewers a chance to go behind-the-scenes of the most outrageous event of the decade. Directed by Academy Award(R) winner Michel Gondry ("Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind"), "Dave Chappelle's Block Party" follows the funnyman as he treats a Brooklyn neighborhood and a group of out-of-towners to a hilarious, no-holds barred, once-in-a-lifetime celebration. The unforgettable daylong party that results is loaded with humor, as well as a historic showcase of today's most influential musical artists, including Kanye West, Mos Def, Erykah Badu, Common, Jill Scott, the Roots plus the legendary Fugees, who reunite for the first time in eight years! "Dave Chappelle's Block Party" is available in Unrated and Rated DVD versions; both are priced at $29.98.
Irreverent, innovative and brilliant, Dave Chappelle revolutionized television comedy with the gleefully subversive humor of the Emmy(R)-nominated "Chappelle's Show" on Comedy Central. On the home entertainment front, "Chappelle's Show: Season One" and "Chappelle's Show: Season Two" have become two of the three best-selling TV DVDs of all time.
Reviewers Join the Revelry:
"Dave Chappelle's Block Party" caused nationwide celebration, as the country's film critics delivered their compliments to the host. Ebert and Roeper gave the film "two thumbs up," while Bruce Newman of the San Jose Mercury News called it "insanely and eternally funny." Manohla Dargis of The New York Times celebrated, "an exhilarating new film," and GQ's Mickey Rapkin proclaimed, "A kick-@$$ block party!"
A Package of Laugh-Filled Party Favors
The block party celebration continues with a slew of special features, including:
* September in Brooklyn: Making of Block Party: Go behind-the-scenes to
experience what it took to create this unprecedented event.
In addition to featuring an extended film, as well as the aforementioned bonus feature, the Unrated DVD also includes:
* Extended Music Acts: Through icon-driven branching, fans can extend
the film even more by watching extended musical acts.
* Ohio Players: The Bus Ride: A special featurette which chronicles
Dave's adventures in his hometown of Yellow Springs, Ohio; population
Celebrate with Dave Chappelle in this uncensored, unforgettable and unbelievably hilarious full-length movie about throwing the ultimate block party. Join Dave as he travels through the heartland and makes a special stop in his hometown to pass out invitations to attend the event of the decade. It's a front-row seat for outrageous laughs with music from today's hottest artists. Be a part of what Dave Chappelle calls "the best single day of my career!"
For more information please visit: www.chappellesblockparty.com
Written by DJ Z on 05/24/06
You Might Like...
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.