Coverage: Platform-1 Presents Dare 2 Dream: The Roots Live [Exclusive]
All photos provided by Marc Perlish You can visit his portfolio here.
Chicago, Ill. -- Last Saturday, our good friends at Platform-1 presented their annual Dare 2 Dream benefit concert at the Chicago House of Blues, featuring the world-renowned sounds of The Legendary Roots Crew.
Held in conjunction with a silent auction to support The People's Music School, the event was a huge success. The venue was packed to the gills hours before the Philly-based ensemble took the stage and all in attendance were treated to an undeniably enjoyable two-hour musical extravaganza.
Thanks to amazing performances from ?uestlove, Black Thought and co., you might think that the winners on this night were the 1,400-plus concert-goers who braved the cold Chicago temperatures to attend the show from start to finish. You may be right. But in the end, the real winners are our youth. Though some school systems don't view it as such, musical education is paramount. Thanks to Dare 2 Dream, its importance was reinforced.
Instead of boring you with a song-by-song breakdown of the show, we felt like a visual display was the way to go. Below is a series of photos which captures the evening's energy, courtesy of Chicago photographer Marc Perlish.
The Roots perform live on stage.
(Left - Right) Damon "Tuba Gooding Jr." Bryson, ?uestlove.
(Left - Right) Captain Kirk Douglas, Black Thought
Written by DJ Z on 12/10/10
You Might Like...
- Kendrick Lamar & Ellie Goulding Rock the Bacardi Triangle (Recap & Interview)
- Win Tickets to Chris Webby’s “Chemically Imbalanced” Release Show at SOBs [Booth-Exclusive Giveaway]
- Win Tickets to See Joey BadA$$ Live in Florida [Booth-Exclusive Giveaway]
- Allen Stone & The Blueprint For a Great Live Show
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.