Coverage: Platform-1 Presents Dare 2 Dream: The Roots Live [Exclusive]
All photos provided by Marc Perlish You can visit his portfolio here.
Chicago, Ill. -- Last Saturday, our good friends at Platform-1 presented their annual Dare 2 Dream benefit concert at the Chicago House of Blues, featuring the world-renowned sounds of The Legendary Roots Crew.
Held in conjunction with a silent auction to support The People's Music School, the event was a huge success. The venue was packed to the gills hours before the Philly-based ensemble took the stage and all in attendance were treated to an undeniably enjoyable two-hour musical extravaganza.
Thanks to amazing performances from ?uestlove, Black Thought and co., you might think that the winners on this night were the 1,400-plus concert-goers who braved the cold Chicago temperatures to attend the show from start to finish. You may be right. But in the end, the real winners are our youth. Though some school systems don't view it as such, musical education is paramount. Thanks to Dare 2 Dream, its importance was reinforced.
Instead of boring you with a song-by-song breakdown of the show, we felt like a visual display was the way to go. Below is a series of photos which captures the evening's energy, courtesy of Chicago photographer Marc Perlish.
The Roots perform live on stage.
(Left - Right) Damon "Tuba Gooding Jr." Bryson, ?uestlove.
(Left - Right) Captain Kirk Douglas, Black Thought
Written by DJ Z on 12/10/10
You Might Like...
- Kendrick Lamar & Ellie Goulding Rock the Bacardi Triangle (Recap & Interview)
- Win Tickets to Chris Webby’s “Chemically Imbalanced” Release Show at SOBs [Booth-Exclusive Giveaway]
- Win Tickets to See Joey BadA$$ Live in Florida [Booth-Exclusive Giveaway]
- Allen Stone & The Blueprint For a Great Live Show
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.