CyHi The Prynce on Learning from Kanye, “Black Hystori” & More (Video)
Despite a plethora of appearances and credits on every Kanye West project since the Good Fridays series, CyHi The Prynce is often thought of as a background player in GOOD Music, and that’s not necessarily an accident. The Atlanta emcee has spent the last four years consciously and deliberately soaking up every lesson ‘Ye has to offer while building his own career, and with his Black Hystori Project mixtape receiving high praise and a full Def Jam album in the works, 2014 might just be the year CyHi takes his place in the national spotlight.
DJBoothTV caught up with The Prynce before his recent show in New York City to talk about just what lessons he’s learned from sitting with Kanye in Paris for months, how his nephew’s school project inspired him to make Black Hystori, his place in the Atlanta hip-hop scene and much more.
Enjoy, and be sure to subscribe to DJBoothTV for more dope visuals.
Written by Nathan S. on 07/2/14
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- Drake’s New Album is Titled “Views From the 6”: Dope, Wack or Eh?
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.