CyHi The Prynce on Learning from Kanye, “Black Hystori” & More (Video)
Despite a plethora of appearances and credits on every Kanye West project since the Good Fridays series, CyHi The Prynce is often thought of as a background player in GOOD Music, and that’s not necessarily an accident. The Atlanta emcee has spent the last four years consciously and deliberately soaking up every lesson ‘Ye has to offer while building his own career, and with his Black Hystori Project mixtape receiving high praise and a full Def Jam album in the works, 2014 might just be the year CyHi takes his place in the national spotlight.
DJBoothTV caught up with The Prynce before his recent show in New York City to talk about just what lessons he’s learned from sitting with Kanye in Paris for months, how his nephew’s school project inspired him to make Black Hystori, his place in the Atlanta hip-hop scene and much more.
Enjoy, and be sure to subscribe to DJBoothTV for more dope visuals.
Written by Nathan S. on 07/2/14
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Top 20 Hip Hop / R&B Songs Chart (August 18, 2014)
- Lupe Fiasco Puts Ratchet Appeal With a Concept “Next To It”
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.