CyHi The Prynce on Learning from Kanye, “Black Hystori” & More (Video)
Despite a plethora of appearances and credits on every Kanye West project since the Good Fridays series, CyHi The Prynce is often thought of as a background player in GOOD Music, and that’s not necessarily an accident. The Atlanta emcee has spent the last four years consciously and deliberately soaking up every lesson ‘Ye has to offer while building his own career, and with his Black Hystori Project mixtape receiving high praise and a full Def Jam album in the works, 2014 might just be the year CyHi takes his place in the national spotlight.
DJBoothTV caught up with The Prynce before his recent show in New York City to talk about just what lessons he’s learned from sitting with Kanye in Paris for months, how his nephew’s school project inspired him to make Black Hystori, his place in the Atlanta hip-hop scene and much more.
Enjoy, and be sure to subscribe to DJBoothTV for more dope visuals.
Written by Nathan S. on 07/2/14
You Might Like...
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.