“Crank That (Soulja Boy)” Hits #1 on Three Charts
SANTA MONICA, CA -- Seventeen-year-old rap phenom Soulja Boy Tell’em is being heard loud and clear on phones across America as “Crank That (Soulja Boy)” has become the #1 Master Tone in the country--#1 on AT&T, Verizon and Sprint, #3 on T-Mobile. The digital single has also shot to #1 on the Billboard Hot 100 (issue date September 15) and, of course, is #1 Digital as well.
“It feels good to be #1,” said Soulja Boy Tell’em, who also wrote and produced the song. “Now I’m ready to make the album do the same thing!” His debut album, souljaboytellem.com (Collipark Music/Interscope Records), will be released October 2, 2007.
During just this last week more than 186,000 ringtones of “Crank That (Soulja Boy)” were sold, bringing its total to more than 600,000. For each of the past three weeks, the song’s sales have risen 40+ percent over the previous week.
Said Interscope A&R rep DJ Mormile: “From the day Mr. Collipark introduced me to Soulja Boy Tell’em, I knew we had someone and something special. Most of the time these super reactive records are about one-hit wonders, but Soulja Boy is on the scene to stay.”
Written by DJ Z on 09/5/07
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 2
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (July 2014)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.